1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

What do ya think of my 1986 C-10

Discussion in 'Photo & Video Gallery' started by ki4kma, Jun 25, 2009.

1. ki4kma

ki4kma New Member

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]
  2. ki4kma

ki4kma New Member

First of all how to get big pictures, I will get bigger ones if I knew how!!
  3. 2COR517

2COR517 New Member 1000 Posts

4. ki4kma

ki4kma New Member

Got a lot of work to do. Bought my truck for $1500 and put about 9,000 to 10,000 in it. Good Luck though
  5. 2COR517

I won't be spending that kind of money on the truck. Really, it's just a backup plow truck. But I've always wanted a solid axle chevy 4x4. Really, 87 is the only year you can get them with TBI, and even that's hit or miss. Alot of guys take out the TBI too. When I called about the truck last fall, the guy said "I want to tell you right up front, the truck has TBI" I told him I was on my way. Over a two hour drive to get the truck.
  6. ki4kma

ki4kma New Member

I really wish mine was an 87. I like the body style but want the fuel injection. Considering putting a 5.3 in it with a 4l60E tranny!
  7. 2COR517

I think guys are doing it, but it's a lot of work. I think there are some frame clearance issues too. If you want EFI, just put in a TBI. You could put on Vortec heads and a 400 crank for a 383 with some serious snap. Or get crazy and put in a 454. A 88-91 or 92 Suburban is a great donor vehicle, that's what the guy used on mine. Same frame as your truck.
  8. ki4kma

ki4kma New Member

Yea, I would like to do something. I know you can buy and kit to make it fuel injection. I not as pushed as I once was because it was cutting off. I kept leaving me on the side of the road (6,7 times). I was about fed up with it but I got everingthing fix now and it runs great.

Does your truck have a turbo 350 or 700r4 tranny
  9. 2COR517

TH350. I would love to have overdrive, but I'm not sure how the 700R4 would hold up to all the back and forth plowing with 10,000+ pounds. I would put on an external overdrive before I put in a 5 speed. I'll probably run it the way it is for the foreseeable future. If I put on some 33s, it would actually be pretty decent.
  10. ki4kma

ki4kma New Member

What is the external overdrive? You think it would help on MPG?