1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

What Do You Call Your Suburban or Tahoe or Trailblazer?

Discussion in 'The Coffee Shop ~ Chit Chat' started by TahoeFever, Nov 1, 2007.

1. TahoeFever

TahoeFever Epic Member 5+ Years 500 Posts

What Nick names do you guys call ur ride ?
  2. Crawdaddy

Crawdaddy Epic Member Staff Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts Platinum Contributor

My Suburban really doesn't have a pet name. I do often refer to it as "the tank", or "my tank". I like to call the project of working on the truck "one piece at a time..." after the johnny cash song. I'm looking at getting a window banner thingy made for it with that one it.
  3. GaryL

GaryL Epic Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts Platinum Contributor

I don't have a name for the Suburban, but the day my Grandfather bought my 78 Silverado new and brought it home to show my Grandmother she looked at it and said welcome home Tom. So it's been ever since.

My '77 Formula is named spot for obvious reasons.

[​IMG]
  4. JayMack75

JayMack75 Former Member

My Suburban has no nickname really, but my grandmother likes to refer to it as a moving van.
  5. Grynder

Grynder Rockstar

My '03 2500HD 4x4.......Da Buffallo. As in "Great White Buffallo"

Rock on Ted !
  6. Skarch

Skarch Rockstar 100 Posts

My GTI is named Zorak, after the green praying mantis on Space Ghost. This is me on the right.
    [​IMG],

and the Suburban is called the "war wagon".

We had a yellow Beetle that was called bmblb, which was the closest thing to Bumblebee that would fit on a license plate. It had a custom black and yellow interior.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
  7. GM_Guy

GM_Guy Epic Member 5+ Years 500 Posts ROTM Winner

I call My Suburban.......paid for :)
  8. dwill3015

dwill3015 Epic Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

My Silverado we call "Yellow Jacket" and the Wife's Suburban we just call it "The Burban". Someone asked me the other day if we planned having a Red Suburban, and a Yellow Silverado in reference to mustard and ketchup:rofl:
  9. TahoeFever

TahoeFever Epic Member 5+ Years 500 Posts

my daughter calls it lily like the flower since it's white but my wife calls it the other woman ....she thinks i spend too much time and $$$ on the other woman:lol:
  10. Davandy

Davandy Moderator 5+ Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

Same here :rofl: