1. Chevy Truck Forum

Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online

Online since 2004, we're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free

Registering is Free and Easy! Do it today and we'll see you on the forums soon!

What do you fish for??

Discussion in 'Sports & Outdoors' started by murdog94, Feb 24, 2011.

Newest Gallery Photos

1. murdog94

murdog94 Epic Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts

As the title states what do you fish for?? I go after trout, and Walley, and northern Pike.. Those are the main species that i try to go after.
    This is a pic after my last trip up to the Boundary Water Canoe area, and was fishing just yards from the Canadian Border talk about beauty! and the fish tasted Great. The larger one is 25in, and about 4 1/2lbs lake trout. the little one is about 20in and 2lbs.
    [​IMG]

---------- Post added at 02:09 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:08 AM ----------

And dont mind the hairdoo that is after 400 miles in the truck and all day fishing in 10-20below zero weather! by far one of the best trips yet though!

2. sgtsjj

sgtsjj Rockstar 3 Years 1000 Posts

i pretty much just fish for what ever will bite the hook, up at my cabin its mostly bass, sunfish or northern, and thats pretty much the only place i go fishing

3. troutbug

troutbug Rockstar 100 Posts

That's awesome, Mike. I'd love to take a trip up to the BWCA one day. When I was in Arkansas (and whenever I go up on vacation), I flyfish for trout (Rainbows, Browns, Cutts, and Brookies). Also go after the smallmouth and sunfish when I float-fish all my favorite streams. Down here it's all about the speckled trout, redfish, flounder, & sheepshead inshore. I haven't been offshore in a long time, maybe I'll do that one day too.

Last edited: Feb 24, 2011
  4. murdog94

murdog94 Epic Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts

Trout are by far my favorite fish, and or salmon when we catch them in the big lake. I will be fishing up on the north shore of Lake Superior starting this week. The Kamloops and the Steelhead are starting to stack up for the spawn run up the rivers so i will be tossing my waders on and standing in the water trying to get a 5-10 lb looper on shore for dinner!

5. stephan

stephan Rockstar 4 Years 5000 Posts

Rainbows, German brown trout & bass in the lakes, & rock fish, lingcod, halibut, albacore, salmon & sharks in the Pacific. I used to fish the rivers around here but the rules & regulations got so technical & convoluted that you need to take a lawyer with you to interpret them now.

6. troutbug

troutbug Rockstar 100 Posts

I know exactly how you feel. Every year they seem to change the regs a little bit, and I find myself second guessing. Between bag limits, slot limits, seasonal catch & release areas, artificial only areas, barbless hook areas, blue ribbon areas, federal waters, blah blah blah...I just take the book down to the water with me now.

7. stephan

Yep, that's it exactly Sal. The problem here is, (and probably where you live too) the enviros don't want you to be able to keep a wild fish, & they lobby the fish & game commission to keep making the regs more strict every year to make it more difficult to catch them. Each year they change 6 or 7 things & you just can't interpret it legally, & it's just not worth it to take the chance on getting a $500.00 ticket for making a mistake.

8. tbplus10

tbplus10 Epic Member Staff Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts Platinum Contributor

Mermaids, I still havent found the right bait though.

9. stephan

Ha ha ha ha..
    Mermaids like big worms Tim!!

10. Slim-pickins

Slim-pickins Member

We fish in the Gulf of Mexico in my boat and we catch a variety of fish down here. We generally catch big Spanish Mackerel(20"-28"), Sheepshead, Spotted Trout, Black Sea Bass and of course Grouper is what is about the best eating fish we catch on a regular basis. We also pull up a few varieties of Snappers and the occasional Blow Fish and Flounder. I don't have a fishing boat per `se for trolling so we fish on bottom with squid, frozen Herring, live small fish and shrimp.

Louis and grouper.jpg

Bob and Sheepshead.jpg

Grouper.jpg