What do you get when you cross a Land Rover and a Suburban?

Discussion in 'Photo & Video Gallery' started by Springthing, Feb 14, 2009.

1. Springthing

Springthing Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

My new grill!

Just received this grill/lights combo this past week. I may have to think about painting the suburban flat black in order for it to all mesh together really well! lol

Actually, I think it will look a lot better when I'm done with the front end. I want to get a pushbar for the front with a few round offroad lights. That will tie it all together, IMO.

Attached Files:

2. 95CTburb19

95CTburb19 Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

wow I have never seen that before! I agree with you that some offroad lights will make it looks awesome! How tough was the wiring?

3. ippielb

ippielb Epic Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

That actually looks neat! It's to unique too! people will wonder what your driving alot now!

4. Springthing

Springthing Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

Plug and play, pretty much.

Had to lengthen the top parking light and then the new side/corner lights had to be wired to the existing corner light wiring (the bulb that goes to the original corner light is the one below the headlights.

I'm guessing it won't appeal to most people but I've never seen that front on a suburban before (bonus points for unique) and it looks really nice all lit up. I tried to load a short video clip on youtube but didn't have the patience for the hoops I had to jump through.

5. dukhntr08

dukhntr08 Member

I really like that never seen it done to a suburban you may be the first. really nice truck totally changes the appearance.

6. bry2500

bry2500 Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

Very nice. You'll have to change your signature to read 1999 Suburban LR3-LT though.:lol:

7. TRPLXL2

TRPLXL2 Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts Platinum Contributor

I saw that conversion on Sport Truck Direct, but it was in chrome instead of black. It definately makes your truck look totally different, it's always nice to see someone step outside of the box! Great job:great:

8. cascott325

cascott325 Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

look completely different. i do agree with the flat black look too. i was trying to imagine what my truck would look like with a few mods and a good flat black finish

9. Mindi51982

Mindi51982 Rockstar 100 Posts

Way to get your doggy in the picture. Nice 5 minutes of fame for him.
    Looks good...about time you posted pictures, slacker. :great:

10. tlperry68

tlperry68 Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

Looks great. How are the lights at night?