1. Chevy Truck Forum

Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online

Online since 2004, we're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free

Registering is Free and Easy! Do it today and we'll see you on the forums soon!

What do you guys think of the '15 Heavys??

Discussion in 'Chevy Truck Talk & GM News' started by 2011laserblue, Oct 9, 2013.

Newest Gallery Photos

1. 2011laserblue

2011laserblue Rockstar 3 Years ROTM Winner 100 Posts

Been a long time since I've been active -- life got in the way! Glad to be back and contribute to this awesome site.

So with that being said, I just stumbled across the new Silverado/Sierra HD's...what do you guys think?

http://www.motortrend.com/roadtests/trucks/1309_2015_chevrolet_silverado_gmc_sierra_hd_first_look/

I think the Sierra looks awesome...however I'm kind of disappointed with the Silverado.
    I am beginning to develop a similar opinion of the half tons..after seeing both for a while now I am starting to fall in love with the Sierra and starting to not like the looks of the Silverado. Same goes for the new Yukon/Tahoe....I think the Yukon looks amazing...the Tahoe looks like a Ford Explorer.

Nonetheless I think it is a step forward for both brands...I just think the GMC's look a little better. How about you all?

Laserblue

2. jsmith4816

jsmith4816 Member 2 Years 100 Posts

I would agree with you. I think the GMC's look a lot better than the new Silverado.

3. McClintoc

McClintoc ɹoʇɐɹǝpoɯ Staff Member 2 Years 1000 Posts Platinum Contributor

Me three. :)

4. stchman

stchman Active Member 1 Year 1000 Posts

No way the 2014 Silverado has a much nicer looking front end that the 2014 Sierra. Those cheesy ebay LED lights on the GMC make it look like it's trying to be an Audi.

With that being said, I like both the new Silverado and Sierra.

On to the new 2015 HD trucks, they are simply HD versions of the new re-designed 1/2 ton versions, shockingly.

The new 2015 Silverado HD dually looks like one mean truck.

2015-chevrolet-silverado-3500-hd-01.jpg

The Sierra HD dually looks pretty good as well.

gmc-sierra-hd-3_600x0w.jpg

5. Conlan Rose

Conlan Rose Active Member 2 Years 1000 Posts

I love the new Silverado HD it looks awesome! Some have been complaining that it has a little to much chrome, but I this its perfect, may just be having lots of chrome on my '96 but chrome is sexy.

6. ChromeSilver02

ChromeSilver02 Rockstar 3 Years 500 Posts

Looks good, yea. But these well equipped trucks are not really affordable unless you want the lowly work truck at 30k+ and that's my problem with it.

7. stchman

Agreed, the Silverado HD LTZ dually will probably run $65K and the Sierra HD Denali dually probably $70K. This assumes duramax option.

From the article posted in the original post, the engines (6.0L and 6.6L) remain unchanged for 2015.

8. 1953bowtieguy

1953bowtieguy Member 2 Years 500 Posts

i will say that the 2015 chevy HD pickups look way better than the 14s but the GMCs still look better. if you ask me it is the grille and the headlights.

9. csltrains96

csltrains96 Rockstar 100 Posts

I especially liked the 2015 Chevy Silverado HD 3500 in the Crew Cab, long box, dually setup. Looks really nice in the metallic deep ruby color, also.

One question about these new trucks, though. The 3500 comes standard with the towing hitch installed, but does the integrated trailer brake controller come standard? Or as part of one of the towing packages that you have to purchase?

10. stchman

It's all personal preference. I want to like the new Sierra front end, just those stupid looking LEDs around the headlights.