1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

What do you guys think of the Goodyear silent armor tires?

Discussion in 'Chevy Silverado Forum (GMC Sierra)' started by silveradojc, Jan 9, 2009.

1. silveradojc

silveradojc Former Member

I'm looking at replacing my tires and want some opinions from actual owners. I have heard great things about them. tia
  2. 04sierracrewcab

04sierracrewcab Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

Goodyear has a great product, Little pricy but probably worth it.
    I dont speak from experience, hopefully others will chime in later.
  3. tlperry68

tlperry68 Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

I had them on my last 1/2 ton truck. Damn fine tires! About 280 a pop but I would buy them again if I had to. They last about 40K miles, quitet and do good in off road terrain.
  4. ChevyFan

ChevyFan Administrator Staff Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts

I've never owned Goodyear truck tires, I've had them on various muscle cars that I've owned, I think Goodyear Eagle GT++ tires, but they were soft rubber and designed to grip the road ... didn't last all that long.
  5. cuda71

cuda71 New Member

I run Goodyear Wrangle Silent Armor in the winter on my truck, at the time paid about 220 each, they are relatively quiet on the road for being an aggressive tire and are good in the snow, which is what I was looking for. Put them on this fall and one was flat, no air brought it back and they fixed where I guess I ran over a bolt last spring or winter, no charge.
  6. silveradojc

silveradojc Former Member

Thanks, I'll give them a try.
  7. lube70

lube70 Member

I have them....207

Bought my 2007 Trailblazer with stock Continentials on it and almost got killed in snowy weather.

Looked into many tires...Bought the Goodyear Wrangler Silent Armor tires......AWESOME!!!! I can drive up snow covered hills (big ones) with no problem. traction is awesome, no extra noise.....I would highly recommend the tires to anyone....Other tires to look at are the Pirelli Scorpion and the Bridgestone Dueler revos.

Don
  8. jtarms45

jtarms45 New Member

Late on this thread... I have had several sets of Goodyears on several Chevy and GMC pickups. Never had anything good to say about them. They tread wear was uneven and rode like crap. Several trips for alighnment/re-ballancing helped NOT one bit either. I have used, and swear by the BFG AT/KO tires. Well over 80k miles on each set and not a problem. Great wear, quiet, excellent traction in any condition. You get what you pay for...normally. IMHO Goodyear makes great Eagles, and that's all.