What do you guys think?

Discussion in 'Performance & Fuel' started by KyleZ71, Aug 9, 2012.

1. KyleZ71

KyleZ71 Rockstar 4 Years 500 Posts ROTM Winner

Since the truck came back from the dyno the other day, I was started to look at other mods to get alot of power out of the rado. So I started looking around and thought of a cam kit from comp cams, while that was getting done debur the ports on the heads, a new intake manifold (FAST LSXrt) with the throttle body and fuel rails for it. Also replacing my shorties and cat back with long tubes and custom exhaust. In addition I was thinking of replacing my fan for the electric fan out of an 05 tahoe (with black bear harness). For the money do you guys think its a good route? The truck has 122,000 miles on it so I was thinking a s/c was out of the question. Thanks for any thoughts everyone

Last edited: Aug 9, 2012
  2. Coach24

Coach24 Rockstar 3 Years 5000 Posts

If you can afford it , I say do it and enjoy. I always fall back to whther the budget can handle the expense.

3. KyleZ71

thanks man

4. darnie1987

darnie1987 Rockstar 100 Posts

if u wanna save money and have the exact same results...... i say do a cam swap, you can do heads if you like id get a milled/ worked set or get something like prc stage 2.5 heads im running pretty much the same heads and there great, next i say get a tbss/nnbs intake set up with injectors, the lsx intake isnt worth the money... when u can get within 5-10 hp while saving 5-700 bucks. now if u do a big cam... 220 or more ull have to change out your stall to see the full benefits, you'll also wanto get a wideband set up and a mail order tune or a live tune. id deff go with long tube headers, and exhaust to start. then do a tune so on and so forth.

5. darnie1987

BTW ditch the flow masters get a free flowing muffler like a mangnaflow or something

6. KyleZ71

thanks man I really appreciate the advice. Ill look into it. I have a guy within an hour of me that does dyno tunes, Ill go back to him for another after all of this. Thanks again!

7. darnie1987

yep no problem, if you have any questions just hit me up. ive learned from experience and have been reading and researching for about 6 years now on performance LS based projects if i cant help i can get answers :)

8. Metaluzc

Metaluzc Rockstar 4 Years 100 Posts

I know this thread is older but what were your dyno results?