1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

What do you pay for Diesel?

Discussion in 'Performance & Fuel' started by ChevyFan, Nov 3, 2008.

1. ChevyFan

ChevyFan Administrator Staff Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts

Don't want to leave our Diesel friends out, so here's a thread just for them!

Gas and Diesel prices are not on the same markets, so that's why there is such a large gap between the prices.

What are you paying for diesel today?
  2. 04sierracrewcab

04sierracrewcab Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

its about 2.85 here in Deer Park

:neutral:
  3. dwill3015

dwill3015 Epic Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

I paid $3.09 last week and the average is $3.19-$3.49.
  4. EagleTalons

EagleTalons Rockstar 100 Posts

$3.29 America still won't embrace diesel...
  5. 04sierracrewcab

04sierracrewcab Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

I agree
    Diesel should not be higher than gas, its a "bottom of the barrell" product.
  6. ChevyFan

ChevyFan Administrator Staff Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts

They operate on different markets, it's proof that the whole run on up fuel was largely a product of futures trading gone wild.

I think it looks like Diesel might come under $3.00 / gallon soon here.
  7. dwill3015

dwill3015 Epic Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

I paid $2.99 a gallon last weekend, and $2.97 the week before (with my Safeway fuel discount of 10 cents LOL).
  8. EagleTalons

EagleTalons Rockstar 100 Posts

I looked up at the sign and saw that it said $2.99 today! Woohoo, but even red-dye hasn't came down equal out with gasoline prices...
  9. raiderman8112

raiderman8112 Rockstar

its $3.09 here at school in harrisburg, pa
  10. Akula682

Akula682 Rockstar

Also i remember Kerosene being less than Diesel, but here in Niagara Falls its way more than diesel, i used to run a mix of it in my car in HS and i even had to use it in my 2500 driving back from Alaska. Most of the gas stations in the Canadian Rockies were out of Diesel so i ended up running straight Kerosene in my truck for 2 full tanks. I kinda prefer it because it is a cleaner fuel, but i dont make a habit out ot doing it...

(i'll post my local prices later, when i go fill up)