What do you pay for gas? Gas Prices Survey

Discussion in 'Performance & Fuel' started by ChevyFan, Mar 10, 2005.

1. carbon black

carbon black Member

You definitely got your calculations WRONG - Here in Winnipeg, MB Canada, a litre of gas is $1.229 which translates to $4.652 per US gallon. If you're paying $4.30 per litre in Vancouver, remind me not to come there for my holidays this summer

2. BIGREDDADDY53

BIGREDDADDY53 Rockstar 100 Posts

Sorry I ment to say $1.40 per lt.

3. ChevyFan

ChevyFan The Sheriff Staff Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts

Very odd taking a look at this old thread. We're all very used to paying ~$3.50 for a gallon of E10 Gasoline.

- - - Updated - - -

Thanks, I looked up the conversion again and there are 3.78541 liters in 1 US gallon.

So $1.50 per liter is about the same as paying $5.30 per gallon. Wow, how much of that is taxes?

4. phoebeisis

phoebeisis Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

3 days ago-6-16-13 paid $3.49 for PURE no ethanol 87 octane
    In suburb of New Orleans-about $90 for 26 gallons I think-gauge read barely under 1/2 full
    Charlie

5. dobey

dobey Rockstar 4 Years 100 Posts

About 40% of that is taxes. The US government has worked hard to keep the fuel tax at the pump from rising, since the gas shortage of the 70s/80s.

http://blogs.marketwatch.com/canada...ices-higher-than-u-s-because-of-higher-taxes/

6. McClintoc

McClintoc ɹoʇɐɹǝpoɯ Staff Member 2 Years 1000 Posts Platinum Contributor

I would totally pay that if I could find some pure (non-ethanol) gas. I've been to pure-gas.org but there's nothing close to me. :(

7. ChevyFan

ChevyFan The Sheriff Staff Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts

8. dobey

dobey Rockstar 4 Years 100 Posts

Yes. They pay about 40% of the gas price, in taxes. And the article I linked talks about the difference in price exactly between the US and Canada.

9. garys

garys Rockstar 100 Posts

In Hasting Michigan, it was 3.68/gal yesterday when I got gas.

10. K15 Blazer Guy

K15 Blazer Guy Member 2 Years 100 Posts

too much X(
    its $4.25 for regular in some places here.....