What do you pay for gas? Gas Prices Survey

Discussion in 'Performance & Fuel' started by ChevyFan, Mar 10, 2005.

1. P-Dub

P-Dub Active Member 100 Posts

2.75 in San Diego.

2. BIGREDDADDY53

BIGREDDADDY53 Epic Member 5+ Years 100 Posts

$5.60 CDN In Vancouver, B.C. just north of Seattle. This is based on 4 litres per Gallon and @ 1.40 p[er litre.

3. RayVoy

RayVoy Epic Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts

Wow, Eric, it's $1.10, to $1.12 on the east coast.

4. squatchy

squatchy Rockstar 3 Years 1000 Posts

That's still crazy high. I haven't paid more than what would equate to 69 cents per liter for diesel in over a year. Average is 64, low didn't last long but for a month it was 52, and a majority of the time diesel is about 15-25 cents more per gallon than the cheap gas

RayVoy likes this.
  5. JTward1

JTward1 Rockstar 100 Posts

For regular here in Southeast PA it's $2.65.9 But down here we have or use to have a bunch of refineries and about this time of the year they start refineries maintenance, which means the price will go up another $0.20 /5 cents Conoco, Gulf and Exxon have left the area except for Sunoco, but Delta airlines bought one of the disabled refining plants and now make JP-4 jet fuel. And what they don't use they sell to anyone who want it up at the Phila. International Airport. The pipelines still run right under my neighborhood.

6. Tahoeguy2016

Tahoeguy2016 New Member

It's like 2.19 here in Central Illinois. The small town I am in is the cheapest around though. Every other town around here is like 2.23 or something.

7. Differently

Differently Active Member 100 Posts

$2.25 to $2.55 here in northern va. Gets more expensive the closer you get to DC.

8. JTward1

JTward1 Rockstar 100 Posts

Usually just before Memorial day gas prices go up, but this year it has dipped a little, Sunoco regular 87 octane is selling for $2.49.9 ? Not complain but it's a little easier on the wallet. What grade do you use ? I use regular in the 1990 Silverado pickup, it has a new Jasper engine, so I use synthetic 5W/30 high miles motor oil ( it has a seal conditioners in the additives package) and every 3 months I put a 16 oz. can of Royal Purple fuel cleaner. In the 1988 K5 Blazer I use Mid-grade 89 octane and a can of cleaner every 3 months. I do this because I don't do a lot of driving like when I was still working in NYC. Not using a gasoline engine in a car or truck is harmful to the engine. I flush the coolant every 3 years and the brake fluid every 5 years. I found out with friends the best running engine are police cars, they are strong from the factory as a "Police Package" and their only shut off 1 or 2 times a day or once a month for oil & filter change.

Last edited: May 18, 2017
  9. garagerog

garagerog Member

Just got home to SC where I saw $1.98/gal on the reader boards after a trip to Wa. state to visit my mother for her birthday and Mothers Day. I paid $2.80 a gallon there, they do have a much higher state gas tax to pay for their ferry system, plowing mountain passes, and their road beds need to be deeper to prevent frost heaves. Also in SC we're close to a pipeline whereas most of Wa. state there are higher tanker truck costs involved. But still it was a shock at the pump.

10. blakejake

blakejake New Member

$1.98 here in Lenoir.