1. Chevy Truck Forum

Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online

Online since 2004, we're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free

Registering is Free and Easy! Do it today and we'll see you on the forums soon!

What do you think about GM's woes?

Discussion in 'The Coffee Shop ~ Chit Chat' started by ChevyFan, Apr 8, 2005.

1. ChevyFan

ChevyFan November Beard Grower - Cancer Fighter Staff Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts

It seems that the media is beating up on GM pretty badly right now. Does anyone have any comments on that?

2. Aeropagus

Aeropagus Rockstar Platinum Contributor 100 Posts

RE: What do you think about GM

I think that this massive recall list could have come at a better time. :-(

3. ChevyFan

ChevyFan November Beard Grower - Cancer Fighter Staff Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts

RE: What do you think about GM

Well, all vehicles have recalls these days. The sheer number of vehicles produced and the number of makes and models make it appear that GM has more than everyone else, but it's really not true.

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Member

To be quite honest if you look at GM's safety record over the last 50 years it has been sterling! With 24 hour "news cycles" now, the media has to talk about something. Period. More important news comes along and the recall is pushed off the news map.

GM's recall in my opinion does not even rival the issue that Ford had by underinflating tires, killing more than 20 people, then trying to blame Firestone. Even after all of that, people are still eager to buy Ford's. The sheer fact that Ford tried to cover up that problem has reinforced the reason that I will never even consider buying their product. Ever!