1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

What do you think about this idea? good idea or dangerous?

Discussion in 'Chevy Silverado Forum (GMC Sierra)' started by tnelson73, Jan 1, 2012.

1. tnelson73

tnelson73 New Member

Hello, 2011 Silverado 2wd quad cab. I have installed rough country's 3.5" lift leveling kit with spacers over the strut assembly and blocks for the rear and i am trying to squeeze out more with le$$. Rough country has a 1.25 body lift kit and looks like alot of work for little over an inch. They also have a 2" leveling kit looks like a U shaped piece attaches to the lower control arm below the shock mount. My question; would i be able to combine the two leveling kits and raise the rear with taller blocks. Thank you.
  2. Corso

Corso Member

I think that is a question best answered by Rough Country.
  3. tnelson73

tnelson73 New Member

Was hoping that someone else thought about this and did it. but thanks
  4. Sierraowner5.3

Sierraowner5.3 Rockstar 3 Years 1000 Posts

RC stuff isnt known for the best quality... i wouldnt do it, but thats me.

Alex
  5. SurrealOne

SurrealOne Former Member ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

Quoted for truth.
  6. tnelson73

tnelson73 New Member

thanks for the advice
  7. Kapelusprime

Kapelusprime Member

Another option to consider is an add a leaf for the rear, tall blocks account for horrible axle wrap. There are a bunch of companies that make custom leafs relatively inexpensive. You don't have to make the truck ride like a tank, just to get a few inches with a leaf kit either. You can get a light duty add a leaf, not that blocks are out of the question, if your looking for ground clearance for ground clearance sake than they are cheap. I third that which was said of RC, I lifted my last truck and was so glad I stayed away from their kits. The last forum I was a member of contained more than a few posts complaining of the fitment of their products.
  8. tnelson73

tnelson73 New Member

thanks for the idea of a leaf spring sounds better thank blocks. Now I just hope my rc leveling lift kit will last. thanks again