What do you think my truck is worth?

Discussion in 'The Coffee Shop ~ Chit Chat' started by dustin88, Dec 13, 2008.

1. dustin88

dustin88 New Member

I know prices vary alot my region and so on but I just picked up this truck for cheap and was wondering around how much it is worth.

Its a 2001 silverado 3500 with a 12ft flat bed. It has a 6.0 gas v8 and 5-speed. It is 2wd and has 72,000 miles on it. The truck runs great but has a few small dents and dings and the bed has some surface rust.

Its a nice truck but is it bigger then I was looking for and I am trying to decide if I should keep it or sell it and buy a smaller truck.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. 04sierracrewcab

04sierracrewcab Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

Welcome to the site!
    Glad to have ya!
    How much did you pick the truck up for?
    Im not sure of the vaule, maybe around 4,500$ ???
    As with the decision to keep it or not I would say look at what you will be doing with the truck, what are your NEEDS for it?
    Others will chime in!
    Thats a sweet lookin XJ there too, can we get some specs on it? :)

3. Springthing

Springthing Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

Dustin-

Have a look at Kelly Blue Book. This will tell you the 'worth' your truck. Unfortunately that is an estimate. As anyone selling anything will tell you... what an item is worth is what someone is willing to pay for it. You could have the best truck at the best price but if it's not selling then apparently it's not worth the price you're trying to sell it for. Kelly Blue Book will give you a general idea of what you should be able to get out of it.

4. dustin88

dustin88 New Member

The kbb says between 5-6K but I do not know how having the flat bed will affect the value.

The cherokee in the background is the main reason I bought the truck.

The cherokee is an 88 with a 5" RE lift and 33" tsl's with 4.10 gears and rear locker.

5. 95CTburb19

95CTburb19 Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

If I were you I would throw a coat of paint on that flatbed. I think it will improve the looks and probably get you some more $$. I was going to say 6k before I read what KBB had to say about it.

What axles are you running in the XJ? I'm runnin 33's on a 3 inch lift. Are you still on short arms or did you upgrade to long arms?

6. bassalive

bassalive Rockstar 100 Posts

Throw a coat of rust paint on that bed and give her a shine, it may suprise u what someone will pay for it if thats what they are shopping for.

7. dustin88

dustin88 New Member

I have a 30 front and a chy 8.25 rear with a lock right, it does really well but I am getting to the point where I am afraid to drive it long distances, wheel and make it home, which is the main reason I bought the chevy truck. And it still a short arm, I am at about the maximum lift without going long arm, but it still flexs great.

Heres a picture of it before I put my tsl's on it.
    [​IMG]