1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

What do you think of the new 2014 Silverado.

Discussion in 'Chevy Silverado Forum (GMC Sierra)' started by stchman, Dec 13, 2012.

1. stchman

stchman New Member 1000 Posts

I looked at the new 2014 Silverado and I must say I really LOVE the exterior. The 2014 looks to have a very chiseled look to it.

The interior is another story, it looks like the interior size has increased, but I'm still wondering about that dash. Hopefully they gave the back seat a little more leg room.
  2. silverhobey

silverhobey Member

I like the box shape, and I am not sure about the leg room you would want.
    We have a Crew Cab---lots of leg room in it (2010). Brian
  3. SurrealOne

SurrealOne Former Member ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

I think it'll be entirely too expensive to justify buying...
  4. jsmith4816

jsmith4816 New Member

I agree with [MENTION=50075]SurrealOne[/MENTION]. New trucks nowadays are way too expansive for a broke ass college grad like myself.
  5. 2k8z71

2k8z71 New Member

I noticed that on one of the dash pics, they have a light that's dedicated for just the cargo lamp... Wish they woulda done that with the NNBS ones. To me, the Silverado looks really polarizing from the front. Haven't really decided if that is a good thing or not. The Sierra looks better IMO. The dash layout is ergonomically sound, which is what they are going for. But it doesn't seem all that "upscale" on the LTZ models. Maybe I am just used to the "lux dash" they have for the current models lol.

Oh and I agree with Surreal. Gonna be way too much $$ unless you get bare bones W/T model, and even then, I think it'll still cost at least $25k lol. I'll just keep my NNBS and hope like hell that those non hd mirrors swap haha
  6. paracutin

paracutin New Member

Good looking truck. I like the GMC a little more. It has a more upscale look and feel to it. Can't wait to see what they do with the interior of the 2500HD. If it gets the same treatment as its little brother I will definitely be in the market for one.
  7. savagetman

savagetman Member

im not sure yet, im waiting to see a regular cab short box to make my decision.
  8. Pikey

Pikey Moderator Staff Member ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

I like the GMC a lot! I like the LED "Signature lighting". I did not see them on the Chevy. I would have to actually see the GMC in person though, the silver around the lights looks weird. I agree with @SurrealOne , they are going to be spendy. I can't wait to see what the yukon XL looks like. Did they go back to fold flat second row seats? I have seen rumors on the web about a diesel being available for it. After talking with a friend at GM power train he said not to hold my breath. The smaller diesel completed testing a few years ago and is ready to go but, GM does not see it as being in high enough demand. That being said he said that they have surprised him before. I would not buy a truck from the first year of a redesign, they always work most the bugs out by the 2nd or 3rd year. It is not like I would be able to afford a $68,000 vehicle anyway! One can always dream though!
    Last edited: Dec 15, 2012
  9. barefoot greg

barefoot greg New Member

Both the new GMC and Chevy are sharp lookin, I see they ditched the pre-runner style body lines n went with square fenders again.

watchin the 24 minute video on the other thread, somewhere about halfway thru the camera showed the driverside rear corner for only a couple seconds. I think i saw a step integrated into the corner of the bumper. Avalanche's had these when they first came out. I'd like to see them bring it back so I hope i saw it right.
  10. stchman

stchman New Member 1000 Posts

GMC guys, when are they going to realize that even the 2014 Silverado and Sierra are the same truck besides cosmetics? This will ALWAYS be true.

It does not matter what GM does to the Sierra, the GMC guys will always say:

"The GMC looks better"
    "The GMC is more upscale"

blah, blah, blah.