Newest Gallery Photos

1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

What do you think of the new 2014 Silverado.

Discussion in 'Chevy Silverado Forum (GMC Sierra)' started by stchman, Dec 13, 2012.

1. BlackSmoke*

BlackSmoke* Member 1 Year

I like the looks of both the Chevy and the GMC but I think the price of the trucks are going to limit how many they sell. Everyone that has been able to buy a newer vehicle already has. I just don't see anyone trying to sell there new trucks to get a brand new one. I will stick with my 04 Chevy Avalanche :)
  2. ChevyFan

ChevyFan Administrator Staff Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts

They're so technically advanced that drives up the price alot. However, trucks built today are lastibg well over 200,000 miles before there are any major mechanical problems.
  3. PantheraUncia

PantheraUncia Active Member 2 Years 1000 Posts

It's a "truck" not an impalla........ I should get at least 400,000 miles out of a transmission before it needs rebuilding.... :)
  4. Pikey

Pikey Moderator Staff Member 2 Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

Please do not start with your admitted complex of chevy inferiority on this thread. The front of the trucks look completely different. No one said that there was a difference other than cosmetics in this thread. One is bound to look more "upscale" than the other. It may be your opinion that one looks "more up scale" then the other, it may not coincide with mine. Take the bowtie or the GMC off the front and I would still have picked the GMC. I like the headlights and grill more. It is a matter of opinion, that I am entitled to have, without you attacking it every time I type the word GMC. Not only is you comment uncalled for it is becoming obnoxious that every time a member mentions that they like GMC you attack them. It is becoming more evident that you like to "Stir the Pot". I don't consider myself a GMC or a Chevy guy. I consider myself a GM guy. So, please stop attacking members because of their opinion of GMC or Chevy. We are a family and community and your negative comments just bring people down and damage the overall cohesiveness of the membership.
    Last edited: Dec 15, 2012
  5. Nargg

Nargg Rockstar

I think GM hit it good on this redesign. I love the dash layout, and the electronics update is WAY overdue. The 0.5" wider tires will make the truck look awesome running down the road, and give better performance. The engine upgrades on top of an already great engine should be fantastic. There's not a whole lot of change in overall looks though. Pushed out some sheet metal here and there. I'd have to see it in real life to really find the differences though. It's probably more different than my eyes can tell from flat pictures.

There is some bad though... I'm not convinced on the projector headlights. I think that projectors are a misconception and can be worse in some situations. I prefer to flood the road with light rather than project a thinner beam. And, their really not pretty to me on the face of the truck. And I'm afriad the pricing of the truck is going to skyrocket.

- - - Updated - - -

Not really. The Sierra has always had a touch more upscale features too. GM wanted to start that trend back in the 1990's and have continued with that concept. Sure, they are about 90% similar. But there will be more and more differences between them as time goes on.
  6. buckmeister2

buckmeister2 Member 1 Year 100 Posts

To me, the Silverado looks really polarizing from the front.

You are so correct. I am really tired of the grille being the focal point for a truck, and this grille and bumper is waaaay to big and bold for my taste. That is why I bought another '01... I like the understated, sleek lines in front.

Also, the rear taillights look old-style. I did like the rounded lights of later models...wonder why they went back to a plain rectangle design???

jim
  7. Raycamaro

Raycamaro New Member

Chevy lost me when they refused to provide a floor shifter and dual exhaust as an option. They still have vanilla plain truck styling.
  8. AnimalYates

AnimalYates Rockstar 3 Years 100 Posts

I really like the new redesign, but as others have said I think they will be FAR too expensive to justify buying.

The new Silverado is a huge improvement over the NNBS in my opinion (I strongly dislike the NNBS front end, just ugly.) And I like the new dash design. And I am in LOVE with the new GMC. The change to the extended cab (now like a Dodge 'quad cab') and the option of heated cloth seats are both new and welcomed additions for me. I will test drive one when they hit the lots but I don't know if I'd be able to stomach paying $30k and more for an SLE model when I have a perfectly good 09' SLT, although it has over 74k miles now.

If I DO look into getting one, I already know what I want lol. An extended cab Sierra SLE 4x4 with most of the interior goodies, and in light blue (I hope they make this color!!). And depending on the supposedly increased performance and MPG with the revamped 4.3 V6, I might would choose that engine. I don't do alot of towing so it would be all I'd need. Of course I'd rather have the 6.2, but I'm not rich :)
  9. stchman

stchman Active Member 1 Year 1000 Posts

They will have to be priced about the same as Ford or Ram or people won't buy them. Competition has a way of doing things like that.
  10. Nargg

Nargg Rockstar

Competition also has a way of increasing their price, even on an exactly un-new vehicle, when their competition does. Like the current Silverado, base price in 2009 was $19,375. In 2013 the base price moved to $23,590. Some small changes, but not $4,000 in changes. Just the ability to "price for what the market will bear."