What do you think the best engine build is?

Discussion in 'Chevy Silverado Forum (GMC Sierra)' started by smck0211, Jul 19, 2009.

1. smck0211

smck0211 New Member

Hello all,

I have a 2008 silverado regular cab with the 5.3L v8. This is fairly comprehensiveu question, but what do you guys think would be the best bank for the buck as far as engine builds. I have $4,000 limit for my motor. I want to build an NA engine and want to stick with the stock block. I was looking at intake, Heads, headers, cam, full exhaust system as the majority, but if you have better ideas let me know. If you can list price as well as estimated gains. I haven't had this truck long and i can't find great research for making a fast street truck. Any help or ideas are appreciated.

ALso, I plan on having the car tuned and dynoed so that will go i nmy budget.
    Thanks for looking.

Last edited: Jul 19, 2009
  2. vncj96

vncj96 Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

I would go S/C. You should be able to get one for 2500-3000 and then a mild came and just get heads polished and ported and headers

3. smck0211

smck0211 New Member

Where can you find a s/c for 2-3k? All i've seen is like 6-8k

4. eallanboggs

eallanboggs New Member

I always figured it was the engine that has turbo charging and super charging on Nitro Methanol with a 300 shot of Nitrous. My palms get sweaty just thinking about it.