1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

What do you think the best lift/leveling for 2007 Chevy Silverado 1500 LTZ Classic?

Discussion in 'Wheels & Tires' started by Fathtastic, Sep 2, 2012.

1. Fathtastic

Fathtastic New Member

2007 black Chevy Silverado 1500 LTZ Classic- what do you think the best lift/leveling along with rim/tire combo for my truck?

Alex

2. lonelywolf858

lonelywolf858 Rockstar 100 Posts

2" Rough Country leveling kit on 17" Liquid Metal Rhinos with 285/70R17 ATs.

[​IMG]
  3. Curky

Curky Active Member 2 Years 1000 Posts

lift it.....................
  4. Burden33

Burden33 Epic Member 5+ Years 500 Posts

^ What he said could always start with a leveling kit and she how you like it and if you want higher go with a lift.
  5. TimTom64b

TimTom64b Member 2 Years 500 Posts ROTM Winner Gold Member

both have their good and bad... A leveling kit does the job but changes the geometry quite abit and sometimes requires shock mount and/or bump stop removal or modification. A lift would maintain factory geometry better but requires lowering of the transfer case and cutting of the frame.... and some kits require modifications to the cooling fins on the transfer case. As you can tell I have been looking into this for quite some time... right now I am currently leaning toward an Upper Control Arm upgrade and shock combination. This will give me additional travel, a nicer ride along with the same end result as installing a leveling kit. Supposedly all are pretty much bolt in replacements. Now all I have to do is save the $$$$... looks like a next summer project..
  6. Boonduff

Boonduff Member 3 Years 100 Posts

If you do decide to go with a leveling kit make sure the torsion keys are forged and not cast. They keys are under a tremendous amout of force, and a cast key can fail under those forces. The forged keys are a little more expensive, but are worth the peace of mind.