1. Chevy Truck Forum

Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online

Online since 2004, we're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free

Registering is Free and Easy! Do it today and we'll see you on the forums soon!

What do you think

Discussion in 'Chevy Truck Accessories' started by sierra11, Dec 1, 2012.

Newest Gallery Photos

1. sierra11

sierra11 Rockstar 100 Posts

Alright I'm tired of getting hit and for me it happens alot so I'm thinking of putting this on

[​IMG]

2. The Heater

The Heater Member 2 Years 100 Posts

OK, I give up. Putting on What? A trailer hitch? Try making a complete sentence instead of being so vague. "This" refers to something, and that needs to be in your sentence for it to be complete.

3. sierra11

Obviously you can't see, I'm talking about the ranch hand bumper.

4. Enkeiavalanche

Enkeiavalanche Rockstar 4 Years ROTM Winner 5000 Posts

Should be dented in about 1 month.. LOL But it does look Solid and well built....

5. zigger215

zigger215 Member 2 Years 500 Posts

Those bumpers are pretty nice, a little heavy but not as heavy as it looks, if that makes sense. One thing a lot of customers who buy those are concerned with is the frame of their truck, impacts are far more likely to resonate to the frame That's just what I keep hearing, I don't know if that's fact or not. It seems to make sense.

6. tbplus10

tbplus10 Epic Member Staff Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts Platinum Contributor

I have heard a lot of complaints that Ranch Hand bumpers are stronger than the frame.
    One reason bumpers are so weak is to be the crumple point during an impact.

7. zigger215

Yep. That's exactly what I was referring to. Well said

8. sierra11

Yeah I realize if it got hit hard there is a possibility you could do some damage to the frame but it really helps when it's a fender bender. This past week a guy in his mustang ran into the back side of my truck. His front tire caught mine and snapped his tire right off haha but he did mess my fender up a little.

9. zigger215

I really like the look of them on lifted up half tons are bigger trucks like the 3/4s and 1 tons. There are a bunch of options as well on extra backup lights etc.

10. FrigginNoodles

FrigginNoodles Rockstar 3 Years 500 Posts

I think they make a solid metal "T" shaped bar that goes into your trailer hitch and sticks out just past the bumper. That way people hit that (and hopefully stop) before crunching your bumper.

A few years back I had this old lady parallell parking behind me at my old apartment. One day I noticed all the chrome on my back bumper was wavier than the ocean. There were about 20+ small circle dents all over. I am very cautious when backing up and think if I was repetativly hitting something I would notice. I grabbed my tape measure and measured the height of the dents, then the height of the bumper of the car that would appear behind me every morning, and they were basically the same. I waited about a week, noticed more dents. I spoke with them and just asked them to be cautious when parking behind me (they didn't like that) or I would be forced to call the insurance company if it continued. Anyways long story short I almost bought one of those bumper guards.