1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

What do you think

Discussion in 'Chevy Truck Accessories' started by sierra11, Dec 1, 2012.

1. silverhobey

silverhobey Member

I use a huge Step-drop-hitch....but your idea looks great as well......Brian
  2. 1953bowtieguy

1953bowtieguy New Member

Seems like a good idea, if your bumper isnt getting hit real hard and if its not getting hit hard it should be fine.
  3. ahmitchell1

ahmitchell1 New Member ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

Was it a silver sn95 body style mustang? A kid that lives in midtown that I talk to on occasion cuz of my cobra just got a new body style stand out of no where I was wondering if he wrecked his other one. But I understand you all these idiots in ttown. If it wasn't for my trailer hitch I'd have already had to replace my bumper a few times.
  4. Pikey

Pikey Moderator Staff Member ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

I have seen a few hitches bent completely under the truck. It bends the hitch and the frame rails. Yes, the rear bumpers were not hit hard in these cases because the hitch protected them. But, the bumpers were bent down also because the frame rails were bent. I figure that if some moron whats to rear end me, then so be it. Nothing I can do about it! That is why I have insurance. I would rather put a new bumper on then deal with bent frame rails because I left my hitch in.
  5. sierra11

sierra11 Member

Haha that's a pretty good guess yeah it was a new body style GT white with a silver stripe. He basically broke his wheel off. His wheel isn't attached by much anymore.

Attached Files:

• 122.jpg
      122.jpg
      File size:
      85.5 KB
      Views:
  6. ahmitchell1

ahmitchell1 New Member ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

Not the kid I was thinking of. Tough luck for him all these kids trying to haul a$$ on campus. Every time I have my cobra in town they are trying to race me its ridiculous
  7. sierra11

sierra11 Member

Haha yeah I know what you mean. My truck was parked on a one way and he some how managed to hit it. Oh well I got the check to fix my truck earlier for $4400.
  8. SurrealOne

SurrealOne Former Member ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

I'm with zigger and tbplus10 on this one -- I'd rather have a bumper crumple than transfer energy to the frame. Bumpers are cheap and easy to replace. Frames -- not so much.