what do you think

Discussion in 'Performance & Fuel' started by adidasboy918, Aug 29, 2008.

1. adidasboy918

adidasboy918 Epic Member 5+ Years 500 Posts

Where should I do first, exhaust or air intake? I want good sound and performance with keeping it in the carb legal for california.

2. retired2001

retired2001 Epic Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts

I think I would go with the "air intake" first. Most people go for the exhaust first, but I bet they would be about the same cost which ever way you go. Good luck!

3. 04sierracrewcab

04sierracrewcab Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

id say intake ..then exaust
    but if you do an exaust 1st you wil get the opturnity to hear the difference the intake makes..

just my 2 cents..........:glasses:

4. black jack

black jack Rockstar 100 Posts

i did intake first. but thing to remember is bringing more air in and having it not going anywhere is not always good. kinda like taking a funnel big end on one side and small on other. put liquid in the big end and takes forever to get through the smaller hole. same goes for you motor. more air in takes for ever to get per say. thats why if you do one you need to do other to get best performance.

5. MWright936

MWright936 Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

I got the intake first as well. I definitely noticed a difference in performance with the intake, but no fuel mileage benefits to speak of. Once I got the exhaust, I noticed even more performance improvements and at least one extra mile per gallon. Like Black Jack said, you can't experience the full benefits of one without the other.

6. scooterpie555

scooterpie555 New Member

/Thread:great: