What do you TOW with your Chevy Truck / SUV?

Discussion in 'Towing & Trailer Tech' started by ChevyFan, Mar 15, 2012.

1. ChevyFan

ChevyFan Administrator Staff Member

We did this in the past, but now that we have a TOWING section on here (again) let's get a new list of the toys and trailers that you haul on a regular basis with your rig.

I'm only guilty of towing a 6x8 utility trailer around town and to the dump from time to time. The wife and I are talking about getting a trailer this year (or next) so we can get out of the heat in the summer and head up to the mountains to do some camping.

heavy-duty.jpg
  2. pmf608

pmf608 New Member 100 Posts 1000 Posts

Wow, this thread seems to have attracted a lot of non-member attention... I'm the only member viewing it along with 19 guests right now. Thats a good thing for bringing traffic to the club.

Now, on to my towing. The only trailer I have is my 14ft. utility trailer. It's built pretty strong for a trailer that size though and can easily haul a small car. I brought my Spitfire home on it, and my friend borrowed it to move a Ford Tempo. It also gets used for hauling quads and landscaping stuff in the summer.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

With my F350 though, I expect it will end up on bobcat duty this summer once I'm back at work... but thats only because the bobcat is a bit heavy for the Avalanche...
  3. 99'HEARTBEAT

99'HEARTBEAT Moderator Staff Member Platinum Contributor 100 Posts 1000 Posts

With my Truck, I Tow my Sanger DXII Tournament Ski Boat,

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
  4. tbplus10

tbplus10 Super Moderator Staff Member Platinum Contributor 100 Posts 1000 Posts

I'd like to say I tow my Glastron 19' Ski boat with my truck, but I havent had the boat in the water for 2 years.
    I also tow a 22' car trailer with the odd car/truck/bike on it or me and my grandaughters dirtbikes or go carts.
  5. rileyjr16

rileyjr16 New Member 100 Posts 1000 Posts

Sometimes a trailer with a John Deere tractor, sometimes a 20ft Bullet XD, 19 ft Allison, and a duck boat usually.
  6. Astu1986

Astu1986 New Member

1974 Manatee was used as a game warden boat in its early years i rebuilt it for fishing :)
  7. vms4evr

vms4evr New Member 100 Posts

Just a little trailer with a little car...

I tow an 18ft open trailer, drop axles, wood deck. About 2,000lbs. Then add the 02 Z06 at about 3,100lbs. Throw about 400lbs in the bed. Add driver and luggage and cooler up front. 6,500lbs not including driver.

06 1500 w/Z71 3.5L. Upgraded Class IV trailer hitch, spring helpers.

Tows just fine and averages 12-13mpg on the highway. Mostly flat land towing. Sometimes over mountains, it doesn't like that much, but does it. Like that trip to Watkins Glen.

Also towed a 01 Merc Grand Marquis up from FL. That's about a 4,500lb car. Didn't do bad.

[​IMG]
  8. jake's silverado

jake's silverado New Member 100 Posts

I pull a little trailer...

!!Camper!!

Attached Files:

9. ChevyFan

ChevyFan Administrator Staff Member

I think my little trailer looks like a wimp now.

Hmmmm, that gives me some ideas.
    ok, I'm drooling now because of this.
  10. carbon black

carbon black New Member

I'll be towing a 1996 Sportsmen 23' travel trailer with my yet to arrive 2012 GMC Sierra 1500

Titan and Trailer 003.jpg Titan and Trailer 001.jpg Titan and Trailer 002.jpg