What do you TOW with your Chevy Truck / SUV?

Discussion in 'Towing & Trailer Tech' started by ChevyFan, Mar 15, 2012.

1. carmantx

carmantx New Member

We haul our Buicks, and other stuff on our steel floor trailer.
    72 GS convertible
    72 GSX
    70 Skylark race car
    86 GN

This one was headed to the paint shop.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

this one gets hauled to the drag strip. It is street legal, but we have to haul it 200 or more miles to a track.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
  2. RFoster130

RFoster130 New Member

Just a small sea doo boat.

[​IMG]
  3. sierra11

sierra11 New Member

My boat

I pull my 24' Cobia boat all summer. It weighs about 6000lbs and doesn't even make the back end squat

truck.jpg
  4. RFoster130

RFoster130 New Member

I figured since I got rid of the Avalanche and got a Tahoe, I would add a new pic.

[​IMG]
    Last edited: Jul 18, 2012
  5. RayVoy

RayVoy Active Member

This was July 4th, for a US parade

IMG-20120705-00229.jpg
  6. TexasTechRaider

TexasTechRaider New Member

Two Seadoo Bombardiers

[​IMG]
  7. TexasTechRaider

TexasTechRaider New Member

We have the same boat, mines black but other than that exactly the same! I'm looking to upgrade to the challenger though for the extra room.
  8. ahmitchell1

ahmitchell1 New Member

Just blew the supercharger out on my 05 seadoo gtx limited, it's time for so riva aftermarket shopping. [MENTION=30468]tex[/MENTION]astechraider don't ever get rid of those two seadoos. Just keep rebuilding them. The new ones just aren't as fun

I have yet to get any picture hauling anything but I believe I'll be in my dads new Dmax this week moving so tractors to the other side of our property so I'll have to take a few photos
  9. XS ive

XS ive New Member

I tow this:
    IMAG0078.jpg
    with these inside:
    IMAG0101.jpg
  10. Kady

Kady New Member

Nothing Fancy, ton of weight. Motor can pull it, Suspension hates it.

Attached Files:

11. zigger215

zigger215 New Member

Nice trailer! Ever consider air bags with an onboard compressor?
  12. PantheraUncia

PantheraUncia New Member

I have pulled Cars on trailers, and cement mixers, moved piano's....etc
  13. Kady

Kady New Member

I definitely want to do something to it because although its really heavy, the motor can still handle it. But i have the air shocks already in it and not sure how to go about it. I'm not about to put any money into yet until i fix some other problems with it, but i want to look into some kind of upgrade to the suspension for when I'm ready.
  14. medicmatt

medicmatt New Member

I mostly tow my buddy's 20ft. Triton bass boat. He takes me fishing for free, and puts the gas in the boat. The trade-off is I tow.

I think it's a good deal. I'll have to try and get a picture of it to post up here.
  15. sfdefender24

sfdefender24 New Member

usually just tow a little 10 foot trailer for moving stuff, sometimes ill hook up the car trailer and tow my brothers F250 up to silver lake when im in michigan.
  16. Blazer454

Blazer454 New Member

Mosty regularly i tow my little trailer that can fit 3 dirtbikes in. My dad has a 26' camper trailer that i have borrowed a few times and i have a buddy with a huge trailer we use for hauling cars and trucks. Not sure of the size of his trailer but i do know its big and my truck works a little to tow that monster. I have only towed it a few times with my truck when he wasnt available to tow with his 3500 dually cummins
  17. HD2500

HD2500 New Member

Ive towed my Charger to the track although it wasn't neccesary i wanted to see how it felt .....
  18. Ridyn

Ridyn New Member

All this week I've been moving vehicles around for people moving to college, pays pretty well too. I hate using my truck for work, but hey...these guys pay for my gas, any maintenance required while I'm working for them too so it's a pretty good deal.
  19. LBAR1

LBAR1 New Member

Before I post a pic I'd like to know what to expect from my 07 Sierra 1500 with a 4.8L regular cab and 2wd when it comes to towing a 2400 lbs trailer with a 2800 lbs car on it so lets say up to 5500 lbs. the most. can my truck handle this job?
  20. Spike

Spike New Member

My Yukon at work for the fam, summer (2012). photo.jpg