1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

What do you TOW with your Chevy Truck / SUV?

Discussion in 'Towing & Trailer Tech' started by ChevyFan, Mar 15, 2012.

1. henrys021500hd

henrys021500hd New Member

This is our 26ft Prowler vacation home.
    [​IMG]
    and some times this 14' Bonair behind the truck but mostly behind the 57
    [​IMG]
  2. Bavarian

Bavarian New Member

My new trailer, the biggest we may drive in germany.... total load 3,5tons...
    01.jpg 03.jpg
  3. TCLARK

TCLARK New Member

I haven't towed yet with my '97 Suburban 4x4 with 454. Just bought it this month to tow a 24' Pontoon. I was towing it with '75 Blazer, should be BIG difference!
  4. 87silver

87silver New Member

I don't tow anything with 87silver. After 25 years, she's taking it easy. I use the wife's Olds Bravada or my S10 Pickup 4x4. The Bravada is not a Chevy truck by badging, but it is really a decked out S10 Blazer.

Attached Files:

5. SurrealOne

SurrealOne Former Member 1000 Posts

I tow a tandem brake axle PJ trailer with a 16' deck, 7k GVWR (5.5k load capacity), side loading capability, and a spring-assisted rear gate. Backing it into tight places is never fun, as the trailer's about as long as my truck .... and my truck has the turn radius of an aircraft carrier.

Thank heavens I regeared or towing would be unbearable...
  6. PantheraUncia

PantheraUncia Active Member 1000 Posts

No Pic's yet? :neutral:
  7. jerryacheson

jerryacheson New Member

I tow this:

This is what I tow with my Silverado 2500HD LML:

trailer1.jpg
  8. SurrealOne

SurrealOne Former Member 1000 Posts

Given how hard it is to park this beast at the lake (you've seen the driveway, there) I've not had it out for pics. I've also been modding it (tongue box, rear-gate-mounted lighted license plate holder with weatherproof quick disconnect, etc.), so pics are a bit premature. :)
  9. jerryacheson

jerryacheson New Member

With This Inside

1959 Impala Sport Coupe resto-mod.

59Impala2012-2.jpg
  10. Conlan Rose

Conlan Rose Super Moderator 1000 Posts

Towing my troop's large trailer around the parking lot. Usually it is towed with weight distributing here I'm just towing reg that's why my truck is sagging so bad and the front is in the air. The trailer was close to full that time.

image00.jpg

The troop's smaller trailer its tiny and easy to move around. Tahoe doesn't even feel it.

2012-04-04_21-05-42_542.jpg

Attached Files: