1. Chevy Truck Forum

Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online

Online since 2004, we're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free

Registering is Free and Easy! Do it today and we'll see you on the forums soon!

What do you use for aluminum polish?

Discussion in 'Wheels & Tires' started by estrom, May 23, 2013.

1. estrom

estrom Member 1 Year

My aluminum wheels are free of brake dust, but are just looking faded and have some spots that look like water spots. What polishing product have you found to work the best for polishing aluminum? Thanks!

2. JimmyA

JimmyA Member 1 Year 100 Posts

If the wheels are uncoated which my Bike is, I use Busch Polish and 0000 steel wool and they turn out like chrome. If your wheels are plastic just use Windex......

3. RAV52202

RAV52202 Member 100 Posts

I use some stuff called Blue Magic. Works great for me. really works well on Aluminum.

4. tbplus10

tbplus10 Epic Member Staff Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts Platinum Contributor

I use a product called Zoops, it has a clear coat that helps protect raw aluminium.

5. giorge

giorge Rockstar 100 Posts

I use Mothers on uncoated aluminum.

6. estrom

estrom Member 1 Year

Thanks for the info. everyone!

7. giorge

giorge Rockstar 100 Posts

If your wheels are coated you can use some polishing compound or some of the polish/ cleaner for plastic.

8. truc.karl

truc.karl Member

You can try also the Flitz. It's a good product to polish your aluminum wheels.

9. Blamer

Blamer New Member

I'm using Auto Magic compound and some time use Red bar.
    Other brand for polishing are Green Bar, White Bar, Blue Bar, Intimidator cleaner.

10. marksoldtowne

marksoldtowne Member 1 Year

Dual action polish /cleanser is best for aluminium wheel.it give great result.