1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

What does GMTC mean to you?

Discussion in 'Announcements & Feedback' started by ChevyFan, Mar 6, 2010.

1. ChevyFan

ChevyFan Administrator Staff Member 1000 Posts

Hey everyone, I just wanted to see what people think of this site and what you get out of it. This is all done in the hopes to make the site even better and more usable in the future.

I know that I've heard stories here and there that people have been able to fix stuff themselves and solve problems with the help of others on the site. So just shout out if you've been able to save money or solve a problem that ended up saving you time becuase of what you've learned on GMTC.

:sign0023:
  2. TYMBOM

TYMBOM Former Member

I'm here to share ideas and to help out where I can. Also for a distraction from the real world :great:
  3. TRPLXL2

TRPLXL2 New Member Platinum Contributor 1000 Posts

This site is my second best friend in the world, it is a well needed distraction for me. Even though my questions normally aren't answered, I still love the interaction of it all. The only thing I wish there were more of on here is write-ups, I see so many cool mods but no description of how to do it.

Also I have made some really great friends on here, to the point where I talk to them outside of truck club. Keep up the great work steve, this is the best truck site on the net!
  4. GMClone

GMClone New Member

I'm pretty new here, but really like the site because I am a "wannabe do-it-yourselfer" but I don't have much knowledge or skill yet. A lot of good info here, which I know will help me along. I like to do a lot of research before I buy a new accessory or attempt a new procedure.

Also, I'm going to steal a quote from a poster on a motorcycle message board I frequent as well. It had me chuckling to myself for a good couple minutes, but I think it's true for many of us when you think about it.

"Tell Dave to join the forum because we all know the best part about owning a bike (or truck) is talking about it on the internet."

credit where credit is due:
    http://www.honda599.com/forums/showpost.php?p=132528&postcount=6
  5. pmartin816

pmartin816 New Member 1000 Posts

I haven't been here very long but I have found this site very helpful. I have found a lot of great ideas on here that I could use on my truck. Plus I like the ability to get on here and talk to other Chevy nuts like me.
  6. tnhusker

tnhusker Member

A suggestion I might offer is a topic area for the new 2010 or 2011 models. Then to keep with the standard forums you already use drop in a Silverado/Sierra, Colorado/Canyon and so forth. These could be good for reviews and comments on the new products for the ones considering or who recently purchase the newest models.

I am looking for a new truck but saving up and comparing the features I might like for now.
  7. ejohnson03

ejohnson03 New Member 1000 Posts

Well... I think everyone has hit the nail on the head.

We all have either expierienced something or are expieriencing an issue, that many others can help with or benefit from...

This forum is the ideal venue for us wanna be doit yourselfers.

The distraction with photos and games is also a harmless benefit.

Thanks to all that are ernestly adding to the power of this forum.
  8. mmorgan1865

mmorgan1865 New Member 1000 Posts

I like it because I can get ideas and opinions from the people that really do this stuff and not an advertising agency. It is always better to toss around ideas with people you can trust that don't have an agenda that involves selling you what's in stock. Keep up the good work Steve. :great:
  9. bigdaddy77084

bigdaddy77084 New Member

It's the bomb!! I didnt about the codes in the glove box till I joined. Hearing about other peoples problems,and how they happened. Seeing what to do and Not to do. And the best thing is checking out the rides. How about have a beater of the month?
  10. Eddie Z71

Eddie Z71 Active Member 1000 Posts

I have met some great people here with awesome rides! This site is full of info, and feedback! It is a great place to be if you are a GMer!:glasses: Thanks Steve, and all of the moderators for a great job! All of you are why this site is growing as fast as it is! Thanks for all the hard work!:happy: