1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

What Does It Mean?

Discussion in 'General Chevy & GM Tech Questions' started by OneWheelWonder, Jan 18, 2011.

1. OneWheelWonder

OneWheelWonder New Member

NBS? What does it mean? Im normally really good with acronyms.....Maybe I have just put to much thought into it but its driving me nutty....

Sorry for the Thread but I couldn't think of a good place to put this one...
  2. stephan

stephan New Member 1000 Posts 100 Posts

NBS-new body style
    OBS- old body style
    You'll also see NNBS on this site which means "the newest new body style"
  3. 99'HEARTBEAT

99'HEARTBEAT Moderator Staff Member Platinum Contributor 1000 Posts 100 Posts

To add to what Stephan has posted Re-Guarding....OBS....NBS...NNBS,

Below is the wording that is used on all Truck Forum's.....for the Trucks...Years and Style's

Vehicle year/style

OOBS............Old Old Body Style - 73-87
    OBS..............Old Body Style - 88-98
    GMT800........New Body Style – 99-07
    GMT-900.......New New Body style – 07+

Side Note.....In 2007" there were 2 Silverado's you could buy.....the 2007" NBS/GMT-800 Classic or the 2007" NNBS/GMT-900
  4. ntbush83

ntbush83 New Member 1000 Posts 100 Posts

Its ok took me a little bit to figure it out when I first saw it used haha
  5. stephan

stephan New Member 1000 Posts 100 Posts

Thanks for adding that Mike. I didn't remember the breakdown on the years...

Lol Nathan, I didn't know what NBS was either. I thought it was in refrence to some New Bull (sh*t) Suspension :)