What does this RPO Code Mean

Discussion in 'Chevy Silverado Forum (GMC Sierra)' started by hkinsland, Mar 8, 2009.

1. hkinsland

hkinsland New Member

Just bought a 2005 GMC Sierra 1500 and I am trying to make sense of the RPO Codes. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

I have a Z82 code that RPOCodes.com lists as Trailer Provisions,Special Equipment, H.O. I also have a Z85 code that is listed as Chassis Package, High Payload, Firm Ride. Are these part of a trailer towing package? I have a transmission cooler but the truck has the GU6 and G80 codes which as I understand it, means it has the 3.42 rear end with limited slip. Would all of this make sense? I would have thought that the rear end on a truck with a towing package would have been the 3.73.

2. Jimmiee

Jimmiee Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

The RPO codes speak for themselves. GM may have made trucks like yours to maintain their EPA gas mileage guidelines. What you see is what you get. <G>

3. dwill3015

dwill3015 Epic Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

4. Z71_guy

Z71_guy Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

not to hijack a thread but when i looked there where 11 codes not listed that i have

5. dwill3015

I just did a quick Google for any site that had RPO's and that was the first one. We actually have a complete list in this site in the forums somewhere in pdf. format but I did not have time to search for it. Do you have a link for your list?

6. Dr_Zero

Dr_Zero Epic Member 5+ Years 500 Posts

Here is a link to a file on my site

http://www.drzero.org/GMC/GM RPO Master List.pdf

Last edited: Mar 9, 2009
  7. dwill3015

Awesome! Thanks for posting the link.

8. Dr_Zero

Dr_Zero Epic Member 5+ Years 500 Posts

No problem happy to help!

I had taken it down since I thought no one needed it to save some web space but got to looking and I plenty to spare LOL so I put it back.

I used to have the glove box manuals for the 96 and 97 in pdf format also, If anyone can use them I can throw those up there also.