Newest Gallery Photos

1. Chevy Truck Forum

Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online

Online since 2004, we're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free

Registering is Free and Easy! Do it today and we'll see you on the forums soon!

What does this RPO Code Mean

Discussion in 'Chevy Silverado Forum (GMC Sierra)' started by hkinsland, Mar 8, 2009.

1. hkinsland

hkinsland New Member

Just bought a 2005 GMC Sierra 1500 and I am trying to make sense of the RPO Codes. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

I have a Z82 code that RPOCodes.com lists as Trailer Provisions,Special Equipment, H.O. I also have a Z85 code that is listed as Chassis Package, High Payload, Firm Ride. Are these part of a trailer towing package? I have a transmission cooler but the truck has the GU6 and G80 codes which as I understand it, means it has the 3.42 rear end with limited slip. Would all of this make sense? I would have thought that the rear end on a truck with a towing package would have been the 3.73.

2. Jimmiee

Jimmiee Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

The RPO codes speak for themselves. GM may have made trucks like yours to maintain their EPA gas mileage guidelines. What you see is what you get. <G>

3. dwill3015

dwill3015 Epic Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

4. Z71_guy

Z71_guy Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

not to hijack a thread but when i looked there where 11 codes not listed that i have

5. dwill3015

I just did a quick Google for any site that had RPO's and that was the first one. We actually have a complete list in this site in the forums somewhere in pdf. format but I did not have time to search for it. Do you have a link for your list?

6. Dr_Zero

Dr_Zero Epic Member 5+ Years 500 Posts

Here is a link to a file on my site

http://www.drzero.org/GMC/GM RPO Master List.pdf

Last edited: Mar 9, 2009
  7. dwill3015

Awesome! Thanks for posting the link.

8. Dr_Zero

Dr_Zero Epic Member 5+ Years 500 Posts

No problem happy to help!

I had taken it down since I thought no one needed it to save some web space but got to looking and I plenty to spare LOL so I put it back.

I used to have the glove box manuals for the 96 and 97 in pdf format also, If anyone can use them I can throw those up there also.