1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

What does this switch do?

Discussion in 'Chevy Suburban Forum (GMC Yukon XL)' started by ct9a, Jul 12, 2008.

1. ct9a

ct9a Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

I've looked in my owners manual as well as my Hayne's manual and I have no idea what it does. It's the one below the dimmer roller.

Attached Files:

2. Davandy

Davandy Moderator 5+ Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

I think it's for the dome light :neutral:
  3. ct9a

Not unless it's broken, which is possible. The only time the dome light comes on is when I turn the dimmer roller all the way up. I think it odd that the dome light doesn't come on when I open the door, so maybe.

BTW, it's a '94 if that makes any difference.
  4. tbplus10

tbplus10 Epic Member Staff Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts Platinum Contributor

On my 97 I have a button in that spot that controls the dome light. You can set it to turn on with the door opening or by using the dimmer roller.
  5. ct9a

Maybe it IS broken then. Guess I'll have to play around with it and see. Thanks.
  6. Dan

Dan Rockstar 100 Posts

outside light for the bed above the rear window
  7. Opex

Opex Member

i had a 92 and that button was for makin to dome light come on when u open the door... so if urs dont come on when u open the door then the switch must be broke
  8. esponet

esponet Rockstar

its for turning off your dome light when the doors or rear acess is open.i use that switch all the time on my old burb whenever i have to carry big things and the rear hatch is open while driving. from what it looks like its in the off position. try pressing on it and open your door. see if the dome light comes on.