What does your Dealership / Oil change place charge for an Oil Change?

Discussion in 'Maintenance & Upkeep' started by 1flyfisher, Aug 11, 2010.

1. 1flyfisher

1flyfisher Rockstar 4 Years 100 Posts

I have a new 2010 GMC Savana and it will be needing its first oil change soon.

I am going to get synthetic oil, They have Mobil 1 at the dealership . Right now they have a $19.99 deal for an oil change with regular oil. I called up and they said it would be $23.99 extra for Mobil 1 Synthetic.

What do you pay? at your dealership or elsewhere?

Is $23.99 extra about what one would spend for synthetic instead of regular oil?

I called another GMC dealership and they said $90 :(

I am not doing it myself so don't bother suggesting it.

Last edited: Aug 11, 2010
  2. ChevyFan

ChevyFan The Sheriff Staff Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts

I started going to the dealership recently for more major things and will go back for oil changes as well as I've had a couple of issues with the service that I've been getting from the quickie places. But I have not sought out the full synthetic oils, but that extra price sounds reasonable to me.

3. silveradotrailblazer

silveradotrailblazer Epic Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 5000 Posts

Sounds like a good honest price.

4. donl

donl Rockstar 100 Posts

My last change with Mobile1 cost $59 and change.

5. murdog94

murdog94 Epic Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts

Sounds like a great price.. Right now im paying $40 for Mobil1 High milage, and a full lube/grease etc... Id go for it.

6. 1flyfisher

That's a good price. I have a 50% off my first oil change with the dealership I bought the vehicle. The other local GMC dealership said it would be $90!!!! Yikes that a lot.

7. Tony Arms

Tony Arms Member

It's under $70.00 from my dealer.

8. phoebeisis

phoebeisis Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

$44 for Mobil 1 is a good deal. It costs $25 for 5 qts at WalMart+ maybe $5 or more for a filter.maybe a little drain plug washer. It is a nasty job that takes a good 30-45 minutes with tool readying, getting a couple of big disposal jugs, clean up. Yeah, $44 is a good deal.

9. Loggerhead Mike

Loggerhead Mike Rockstar 100 Posts

we charge i think 30 for 5qts on gas motor

quicky lubes are cheaper but you have an idiot getting paid minimum wage who doesnt give a flip about your truck. pay alittle extra and have somebody who knows what they're doing and looks at more than just the filter and plug

10. 1flyfisher

I think I will try the dealership for my first oil change since I have a 50% off coupon and then I will look into finding a service station that lets you use your own oil and filter. If I can get a good deal on Mobil 1 5-30 oil and a Fram filter from walmart or where ever and then find a place to charge me a reasonable amount just for the labor say like $19.99 or something around that it may be the best cheapest way to go.

I see TirePlus has oil changes for $14.99 but that is with regular oil, not synthetic. They use kendall oil which I am not wanting to use and probably the cheapest filters.