Newest Gallery Photos

1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

What does your Dealership / Oil change place charge for an Oil Change?

Discussion in 'Maintenance & Upkeep' started by 1flyfisher, Aug 11, 2010.

1. 1flyfisher

1flyfisher Rockstar 4 Years 100 Posts

I have a new 2010 GMC Savana and it will be needing its first oil change soon.

I am going to get synthetic oil, They have Mobil 1 at the dealership . Right now they have a $19.99 deal for an oil change with regular oil. I called up and they said it would be $23.99 extra for Mobil 1 Synthetic.

What do you pay? at your dealership or elsewhere?

Is $23.99 extra about what one would spend for synthetic instead of regular oil?

I called another GMC dealership and they said $90 :(

I am not doing it myself so don't bother suggesting it.
    Last edited: Aug 11, 2010
  2. ChevyFan

ChevyFan Administrator Staff Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts

I started going to the dealership recently for more major things and will go back for oil changes as well as I've had a couple of issues with the service that I've been getting from the quickie places. But I have not sought out the full synthetic oils, but that extra price sounds reasonable to me.
  3. silveradotrailblazer

silveradotrailblazer Epic Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 5000 Posts

Sounds like a good honest price.
  4. donl

donl Rockstar 100 Posts

My last change with Mobile1 cost $59 and change.
  5. murdog94

murdog94 Epic Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts

Sounds like a great price.. Right now im paying $40 for Mobil1 High milage, and a full lube/grease etc... Id go for it.
  6. 1flyfisher

That's a good price. I have a 50% off my first oil change with the dealership I bought the vehicle. The other local GMC dealership said it would be $90!!!! Yikes that a lot.

7. Tony Arms

Tony Arms Member

It's under $70.00 from my dealer.
  8. phoebeisis

phoebeisis Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

$44 for Mobil 1 is a good deal. It costs $25 for 5 qts at WalMart+ maybe $5 or more for a filter.maybe a little drain plug washer. It is a nasty job that takes a good 30-45 minutes with tool readying, getting a couple of big disposal jugs, clean up. Yeah, $44 is a good deal.
  9. Loggerhead Mike

Loggerhead Mike Rockstar 100 Posts

we charge i think 30 for 5qts on gas motor

quicky lubes are cheaper but you have an idiot getting paid minimum wage who doesnt give a flip about your truck. pay alittle extra and have somebody who knows what they're doing and looks at more than just the filter and plug
  10. 1flyfisher

I think I will try the dealership for my first oil change since I have a 50% off coupon and then I will look into finding a service station that lets you use your own oil and filter. If I can get a good deal on Mobil 1 5-30 oil and a Fram filter from walmart or where ever and then find a place to charge me a reasonable amount just for the labor say like $19.99 or something around that it may be the best cheapest way to go.

I see TirePlus has oil changes for $14.99 but that is with regular oil, not synthetic. They use kendall oil which I am not wanting to use and probably the cheapest filters.