Newest Gallery Photos

1. Chevy Truck Forum

Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online

Online since 2004, we're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free

Registering is Free and Easy! Do it today and we'll see you on the forums soon!

What Engine Upgrades Should I Do??....

Discussion in 'Performance & Fuel' started by rgarza, Nov 11, 2012.

1. rgarza

rgarza New Member

any advice on very simple engine upgrades? i hv a 2011 1500 4x4 5.3

2. Curky

Curky Active Member 2 Years 1000 Posts

welcome to the club, many upgrades you can do. all depends on how much $$$ you want to spend. here are two: cold air intake, programmer.

3. donyms

donyms Rockstar 4 Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

Welcome to the club, it's good to have you aboard. :glasses: I think as you look around the site some you will find what others have done and decide what mods are right for you and your truck. Good luck.

4. 99'HEARTBEAT

99'HEARTBEAT Epic Member Staff Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts Platinum Contributor

****Thread Moved****
    To The
    Performance & Fuel Section

5. SurrealOne

SurrealOne Former Member ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

Start with a handheld tuning device and a custom tune in order to get the most out of the device. This is one upgrade that'll pay for itself over time in fuel savings, so it's the very first to consider. Ping [MENTION=32828]06MonteSS[/MENTION] if you have questions, as he's a custom tuner on this site. He's done my tunes and I'm a very satisfied customer. He also bundles tuners and his custom work...

Last edited: Nov 15, 2012
  6. rgarza

rgarza New Member

I will def look into all that. I appreciate it.

7. dbb06

dbb06 Member

As a few have said, it all depends on what you plan to do. How much do you want to spend? How good you are at doing your own work? That last one can save you some money. Intakes generally don't do much alone, a tune is one of the better bang for the buck upgrades as the factory tune has a good deal of engine and torque management. I'd recommend either having 06MonteSS do a program or blackbear performance @JennaBear.

8. stchman

stchman Active Member 1 Year 1000 Posts

Do an exhaust upgrade, either a catback or replace the water heater sized muffler with something more free flowing

Drop a K&N air filter and a non-resonated tube.

Get a computer tune (Diablo, Hypertech, etc.)

9. darnie1987

darnie1987 Rockstar 100 Posts

what are your plans, and ideas for the truck. If you wanto just get alittle more under the hood you can just get a intake, exhaust and a programmer. if you want sumthin alittle more you can get a Custom tune, and or a live tune, Long tube headers, and some gears. after that the skys the limit