1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

what fits

Discussion in 'Lifted & Offroad Suspension' started by autohausfab, Feb 25, 2009.

1. autohausfab

autohausfab New Member

i have a 04 chevy 1500 4x4 standard cab whats the biggest tires i can fit stock suspension
  2. bry2500

bry2500 Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

I would go for 32"tires, 33" will most likely rub unless you level your truck.
  3. Pete95Sierra

Pete95Sierra Epic Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

im guessing you have 16" rims. I would go with a 285/75R16
  4. autohausfab

autohausfab New Member

so i want to do a small lift nothin huge couple inches or so what would it take to put 35s under the truck and would it look stupid at only a 10.5 wide
  5. Pete95Sierra

most people run a 6" lift to fit 35's, but you can get away with 35's on a 4" with cutting of plastic
  6. autohausfab

autohausfab New Member

well what lifts do you recamend you seem to be all over this forum im gonna trust you
  7. autohausfab

autohausfab New Member

bump for info
  8. Pete95Sierra

hey sorry for the delay. what kind of truck do you have? I would recommend Rough Country. they are cheaper than anyone but still make very quality stuff. a 6" kit will run you about $1000 where other kits are around $1600. the only thing i would recommend tho is to get better shocks than the ones they give you cuz they dont last very long and dont ride that well. they will work fine for a little while but i would recommend upgrading to Bilsteins in the future. If you want to spend more I would recommend Fabtech or skyjacker lifts, a few guys on here have them and like them

RoughCountry.com
  9. bhump

bhump New Member

34's can go but thats about it.

I have a 2000 that is levelled with a 18x9 and 325/65/18 tire combo. they rub very very little. I did have to trim a smidge of plastic to get them to rotate freely when turned. If you are going to use a 10" or wider wheel you will need a lift and will possibly still have to trim a little.
  10. bigblue89GMC

bigblue89GMC New Member

I would also recommend the rough country 6". I put mine on about 5 years ago and it is great kit. I did trim the plastic and a little of the fender but I also did some heavy off-roading with it.