1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

What fixed your truck?

Discussion in 'Chevy C/K Truck Forum' started by edsmagichands, Jan 29, 2014.

1. edsmagichands

edsmagichands Member 1 Year 100 Posts

Hi all!
    First off i'd like to say i think this is a great site and I've read a lot of replies from some obviously knowledgeable people. however i rarely see a post telling us what actually fixed the truck. why is that? for me personally it is frustrating to read and or offer help and never know what fixed the problem. after all, KNOWLEDGE is the most important tool in a tool box!! it just seems it would be courteous and helpful to all members to have that info. perhaps i'm looking in the wrong place?
  2. McClintoc

McClintoc ɹoʇɐɹǝpoɯ Staff Member 2 Years 1000 Posts Platinum Contributor

It sounds like you are looking for feedback from thread starters as to what solution actually solved their problem?

Someone starts a thread with a question about a problem, several people respond with how to fix that problem. The thread starter fixed his problem but never reports back as to which solution worked? That about sum it up? :)
  3. edsmagichands

Exactly! if someone gave me an idea that helped fix my truck i'd definitely want to say Thanks!
  4. Pikey

Pikey Moderator Staff Member 2 Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

I think that the issue is that many times a person joins to get help with an issue. They solve their issue and never return to the site and let us know what fixed their issue. I would bet that most of the threads that you saw what you were describing were started by someone with a very low post count or someone very inactive. The active members tend to post their fix along with pictures and a description of it.
  5. edsmagichands

You are probably right Pikey. i'll have to go back and review the threads i was following and check that out. however is still too bad, a guy can never have too much info!
    Thanks for the replies guys!
  6. Pikey

Pikey Moderator Staff Member 2 Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

I completely agree. It would be a nice courtesy for someone to come back and tell us if one of our suggestions fixed their truck.
  7. McClintoc

McClintoc ɹoʇɐɹǝpoɯ Staff Member 2 Years 1000 Posts Platinum Contributor

Isn't this why we have the "thank this post" and "like this post" buttons? Isn't "rep" what the OP is looking for?
  8. the phantom

the phantom Active Member 2 Years ROTM Winner Gold Member 1000 Posts

I will sometimes ask the original poster if the problem was ever resolved. Even mentioning thier forum name with a @ symbol in front sometimes will get their attention. If they dont respond from that then when they get back on in the future that thread may be long gone and forgotten about if they normally just hit the "New Posts" option. I do also see a lot of questions asked and no resolve given.. It is much appreciated to all members that give suggestions and also respond to the suggestions given and even better yet, the fix that worked.
  9. jsmith4816

jsmith4816 Member 2 Years 100 Posts

Some will forget to reply so much like what [MENTION=54154]the phantom[/MENTION] said, see what I did there lol, you gotta get their attention to reply. I know I have done that a few times. Ask a question, get answers, but forgot to reply with an update of the problem. After realizing i did it, I went back an answered.
  10. the phantom

the phantom Active Member 2 Years ROTM Winner Gold Member 1000 Posts

Look at that I had a mention in my notifications area. And hey even "Reply With Quote" works too.:lol: