1. Chevy Truck Forum

Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online

Online since 2004, we're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free

Registering is Free and Easy! Do it today and we'll see you on the forums soon!

What happened to chat?

Discussion in 'The Coffee Shop ~ Chit Chat' started by rileyjr16, Apr 15, 2012.

1. rileyjr16

rileyjr16 Rockstar 3 Years 1000 Posts

I was MIA for a while just curious as to what happened to the chat feature?

2. 07XCSB

07XCSB Active Member 2 Years 1000 Posts

Filthy little hackers broke it.

3. rileyjr16

rileyjr16 Rockstar 3 Years 1000 Posts

I'd like to shoot them....why do tards have to hack everything? Is that like a sexual thrill for some geek who cain't get laid or something?

4. Crawdaddy

Crawdaddy ↑↑↑ Has no life Staff Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts Platinum Contributor

It was taken down temporarily while Steve puts the old system back into place.

5. SurrealOne

SurrealOne Former Member ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

I wonder if the chat plugin was actually the cause or if Steve is simply searching for something better while he goes through this exercise. I get the sense the cause is unknown but that Steve was never completely happy with that plugin... and that while he's at it he might as well find a replacement. Just a suspicion...

6. ChevyFan

ChevyFan November Beard Grower - Cancer Fighter Staff Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts

I figured out what the hackers did and how they did it and we are putting steps into place to keep it from happening again.

We should do a poll on here, what do people like, the current chat system or the old chat system?

7. SurrealOne

SurrealOne Former Member ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

On the new chat system I liked the popout feature, the ability to colour text, the ability to start private chat rooms, and the ability to have individual chats (on the bar ... without starting a separate chat room). I think it hands-down trumped the old chat system except for one thing -- it has a session timeout of some sort that comes into place if you use the chat in pop-out mode and you do not refresh your browser for some time. When it times out you have to refresh a GMTC window to make chat work again ... and you lose the displayed chat history when you do it.

I think the default chat room is now as empty as it is because the new system doesn't dump people into the default room, anymore.

8. Burden33

Burden33 Epic Member 5+ Years 500 Posts

X2 on what surreal said that time out drives me up the ******* wall now if we can keep the knew one and all the cool featurs and get rid of the time out then it would be heaven

9. AMac

AMac Member 2 Years GMTC Chick 500 Posts ROTM Winner

3rd that!

---------- Post added at 10:35 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:33 PM ----------

Haha...I think it is a sense of accomplishment for them. Almost like they solved the puzzle. I think they do it just to see if they can do it.

10. Coach24

Coach24 Rockstar 3 Years 5000 Posts

Why does a person climb a mountain? Why do Chevy truck owners run through the puddle , rather than around it? . Does a tree make a sound when falling if there is no one there to hear it? Chicken crossing the road?:rofl: