What Has Your Truck Done for You Today?

Discussion in 'Chevy Truck Talk & GM News' started by jake's silverado, Oct 19, 2012.

1. jake's silverado

jake's silverado New Member

So I did some searching and i saw the post on what have you done for your truck... what do you pull with your truck... but ...
    What has your truck done for you today I couldn't find. I sure hope that no one can post it left me stranded!

So...

Got new Winter tires on my Some Other Brand (SOB) car and brought home the OE wheels in the box of the truck. Not enough room in the car:neutral:
  2. Curky

Curky New Member

It made me $50 by giving me the opinion to pick up an ATV for a friend and deliver it to him and got me to work safe.
  3. Pikey

Pikey Moderator

Same as it always does, Drove the kids and I to preschool and back. Oh, then the front end started howling. Had it checkedout. Bad front diff bearings. So, today my truck got my places safely but then gave me a headache from making phone calls to the gearshop and warranty company.
  4. McClintoc

McClintoc Super Moderator

Got me to work, like it does everyday.
  5. RayVoy

RayVoy Active Member

Haha, good thread. Some days it saves me money (yesterday I brought 10 bundles of roofing shingles home); some days it just looks after me, today it took me to the coffee shop at 8:00, again at 10:30 and also at 3:30; in between, it took me to a tavern for lunch, I think I'll keep it, haha.
  6. SurrealOne

SurrealOne Former Member

Today my truck took me to go vote early, and then it brought me home...
  7. Enkeiavalanche

Enkeiavalanche Moderator

My truck made me $80 bucks tonight. After work went to Brooklyn (1 1/2 to do 15 miles from NNJ) Picked up some 9 1/2 foot long sheet metal pieces for a Brown stone in NYC Delivered by 6pm Got paid and came home after having some fun with a G-55 MB on the Westside Highway....

Thanks Craigslist......
  8. the phantom

the phantom New Member

My truck almost got me a speeding ticket since it was doing 70mph in a 55mph zone. Instead it got me a window tint ticket since the law here in NY is 70% light transfer and the officers gadget said my front windows were 14%. I told Phantom it was ok and I forgive him for being so dark in the front. I told him next time he better roll down the glass before the officer sees it.
  9. jake's silverado

Your Blaming Phantom for that! Come On!:no:
    :lol:
    He kept the window up to try and hide you from the officer!
  10. the phantom

the phantom New Member

Actually I think he kept the window up so the officer could give me a ticket for "something" instead of the speeding ticket. So in light of this new thought, Ive since appologized to Phantom.
  11. Pikey

Pikey Moderator

lol. First time I have heard that one!
  12. stratct

stratct New Member

My s-10 got my to work and back. And gave me an engine light :( o2 sensor
  13. jake's silverado

Well today it took Jake and some antifreeze for a ride to the trailer to winterize it and two of my buddy's trailers at the storage area. Then Jake had a snooze in it!
  14. SurrealOne

SurrealOne Former Member

My truck took me on a 100 mile round trip, today.
  15. SurrealOne

SurrealOne Former Member

My truck took me on a 240 mile round trip, today. We stopped and looked at a 41 acre tract of land, a 62 acre tract of land, an 82 acre tract of land, and a 29.4 acre tract with an off-grid home (using both passive and active solar as well as wind and dual wood stoves) on it. The house was kidna cool but it didn't have enough land around it for my taste.
  16. jake's silverado

Planning a move?

Today it took me to Home Depot to exchange a Dewalt DW716 Chop Saw for the DW780 SCMS (Sliding Compound Miter Saw) Looking at selling my Radial arm saw and Shopsmith!
    When I picked up the chop I actually thought it was the SCMS but the price was to good to be true... and it was:rolleyes:
  17. SurrealOne

SurrealOne Former Member

I've been searching for acreage for more than a year, so far...
  18. grampy

grampy New Member

Yesterday, my old Cheyene hauled me and a few tools around the place, shutting off and draining a couple of stock tanks, checking the one's still in use & making sure the cows were all where they are suposed to be. Then went to work on our corrals,- needed some minor repairs including three new posts. I have 5 Angus bulls in the corrals, they won't usually cause any problems, but you gotta keep an eye on them, mostly they are just curious. Was tamping in a new post when I heard the unmistakale sound of breaking parts - one of the "boys" decided that the drivers side mirror would be a good thing to scratch his head with. My next post will be in an above thread when I install a new mirror ! Ken
  19. jake's silverado

Drove to London Ontario to see our Son and bring him his Winter tires. Also took him to Lowe's to pick him up some stuff. We seem to spend more $$$ on him now that he has moved out. That's OK by us. We had a great time with him.

Truck worked well 14.3Lit/100km @ about 125KPH going there, and 16.2 coming home @ 130- 135.
  20. Wendy helped me move all my junk into my new home... tonight she's going to carry the leftover junk I stored at Dad's shed 100 Miles away