What Has Your Truck Done for You Today?

Discussion in 'Chevy Truck Talk & GM News' started by jake's silverado, Oct 19, 2012.

1. jake's silverado

jake's silverado Epic Member 5+ Years 100 Posts

So I did some searching and i saw the post on what have you done for your truck... what do you pull with your truck... but ...
    What has your truck done for you today I couldn't find. I sure hope that no one can post it left me stranded!

So...

Got new Winter tires on my Some Other Brand (SOB) car and brought home the OE wheels in the box of the truck. Not enough room in the car:neutral:

2. Curky

Curky Active Member 2 Years 1000 Posts

It made me $50 by giving me the opinion to pick up an ATV for a friend and deliver it to him and got me to work safe.

3. Pikey

Pikey Moderator Staff Member 3 Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

Same as it always does, Drove the kids and I to preschool and back. Oh, then the front end started howling. Had it checkedout. Bad front diff bearings. So, today my truck got my places safely but then gave me a headache from making phone calls to the gearshop and warranty company.

4. McClintoc

McClintoc ɹoʇɐɹǝpoɯ Staff Member 2 Years 1000 Posts Platinum Contributor

Got me to work, like it does everyday.

5. RayVoy

RayVoy Well-Known Member 2 Years 1000 Posts

Haha, good thread. Some days it saves me money (yesterday I brought 10 bundles of roofing shingles home); some days it just looks after me, today it took me to the coffee shop at 8:00, again at 10:30 and also at 3:30; in between, it took me to a tavern for lunch, I think I'll keep it, haha.

6. SurrealOne

SurrealOne Former Member ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

Today my truck took me to go vote early, and then it brought me home...

7. Enkeiavalanche

Enkeiavalanche Rockstar 4 Years ROTM Winner 5000 Posts

My truck made me $80 bucks tonight. After work went to Brooklyn (1 1/2 to do 15 miles from NNJ) Picked up some 9 1/2 foot long sheet metal pieces for a Brown stone in NYC Delivered by 6pm Got paid and came home after having some fun with a G-55 MB on the Westside Highway....

Thanks Craigslist......

8. the phantom

the phantom Well-Known Member 2 Years ROTM Winner Gold Member 1000 Posts

My truck almost got me a speeding ticket since it was doing 70mph in a 55mph zone. Instead it got me a window tint ticket since the law here in NY is 70% light transfer and the officers gadget said my front windows were 14%. I told Phantom it was ok and I forgive him for being so dark in the front. I told him next time he better roll down the glass before the officer sees it.

9. jake's silverado

jake's silverado Epic Member 5+ Years 100 Posts

Your Blaming Phantom for that! Come On!:no:
    :lol:
    He kept the window up to try and hide you from the officer!

10. the phantom

the phantom Well-Known Member 2 Years ROTM Winner Gold Member 1000 Posts

Actually I think he kept the window up so the officer could give me a ticket for "something" instead of the speeding ticket. So in light of this new thought, Ive since appologized to Phantom.