GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER

What have u done to ur GM truck today? Part 2

Discussion in 'Chevy Truck Talk & GM News' started by ChevyFan, Jun 7, 2013.

1. ChevyFan

ChevyFan Administrator Staff Member

2. dsfloyd

dsfloyd New Member

Oh this is gonna confuse people for a little bit.:gasp::grrrrrr::neutral::lol:

On the other hand, I havent done anything to the truck today.
  3. Conlan Rose

Conlan Rose Super Moderator

I be first to post something Done on my truck.

Today I finished the switch install into my new panel and checked its fitment and it looks amazing. Now I just need to seal the two halves and it'll be done!! Also I'm getting use to using my OBDII adapter it works amazingly. I just don't full understand some of the measurements like F/T% for the O2 sensors. and g/s for the MAF maybe a more tech savy person like [MENTION=51590]Pikey[/MENTION] can help me out with that :smile:

IMG_20130607_123635.jpg IMG_20130607_123413.jpg IMG_20130607_123416.jpg IMG_20130607_123615.jpg IMG_20130607_123617.jpg
  4. Pikey

Pikey Moderator

F/T% is fuel trim %. G/s for maf is an unit of measurement Grams/Sec. I found this explanation of fuel trim:

Fuel trim is just as it sounds. It "trims" the mixture by adjusting the injector pulse width. Short term fuel trim is immediate adjustments and long term is as it sounds. You must add long term and short term to calculate total trim. This is important because if long term trim is 6% and short term trim is -3%, then total fuel trim is actually 3%.

Fuel trim is calculated mainly based upon O2 sensor readings, but many other sensors are involved in the computer's complex calculations.

if trim is positive, the ecm is adding fuel to the mixture, and if trim is negative, the ecm is subtracting fuel. If you see a trim which is about 15% or -15%, there is likely a problem, something like a vacuum leak or misfire. A fuel trim which is highly positive may indicate the ecms attempt to correct a lean conditions, and a higly negative trim is an attempt to correct for a rich condition. The ecm can only correct for a certain amount, then the check engine light will come on. This usually happens at about 20%-25%
  5. Conlan Rose

Thank you very much for that info [MENTION=51590]Pikey[/MENTION]. These were the readings I was getting at idle once the truck was at temp today. For the MAF I just needed units because g can mean g's as gravities in the acceleration unit, g as in gallons in mpg, or g as in grams like it seems to be.
    Screenshot_2013-06-06-20-05-18.jpg
  6. stchman

stchman New Member

7. the phantom

the phantom New Member

Took the phantom to the stealership yesterday because my dash told me to "service tire pressure monitoring system" Also the key fob would not work or be acknowledged by the truck. This happened one day a few weeks ago and then never happened again until yesterday so I drove it right to there. Well it appears that the 3rd brake light that I replaced with the smoked out one was leaking water and found its way to the module that controls these things. Luckily there was a service bulletin on the stock brake light having the same problem so they covered it. Im glad I hadn't seen what that bill would have been it took them almost 3 hours to fix it plus the cost of a new module. I remember when I put the smoked light in that the original seal and the new one was not of a very good quality. The mechanic that fixed it managed to gob silicone all around it including on my roof, tried wiping it off only smearing it and also never cleaned his hands when opening both drivers side doors leaving grease behind. Man I hate other people working on my stuff!!!
  8. ChevyFan

ChevyFan Administrator Staff Member

9. 95C1500

95C1500 New Member

Installed this today
    [​IMG]
    I need to clean it up. Now I need to go to autozone and get the reusable K&N filter and some new floor mats... True CAI!
  10. FrigginNoodles

FrigginNoodles Member

Acetone removes silicone fairly well. Not sure how it would be on your paint, maybe try some in a discreet location.
  11. elittle

elittle New Member

I removed the tailgate emblem using fishing line then put on a aluminum black powder coated one to replace it and did the same in the front. Wednesday is Recon red smoked LED tail lights with LED reverse bulbs and a smoked LED 3rd brake light.

I should have read the How To article on debadging first... one of those eraser wheels would have saved me 45 minutes and not ripped apart my finger tips.
  12. ahmitchell1

ahmitchell1 New Member

Removed the plast dip from my silverado rim. Tried to trace the shorts I have in my turn signals. No luck with that but did figure out my horn problem. As for the 65. Cleaned it up and took into the local car meet. Tomorrow after work I'm gunna try and remember to take pictures of my 87 mug bogger build I started this weekend
  13. Sir Koscoe

Sir Koscoe New Member

Intake gaskets are bought from RockAuto. Hoping this fixes my rough idle issue.
  14. Conlan Rose

Bought the fluids for my T-case and front diff, then I spend an hour under the truck inspecting things and checking for damage or leaks. Everything looks good from what I can tell.

I hope more keep posting in here!
  15. donyms

donyms New Member

That is funny.............:rofl:

- - - Updated - - -

I have done a few mods lately and I promised you all pictures so here they are. I will post a couple on this post with a link to the new album. Let me know what you think. :glasses:

Link to Album: http://www.gmtruckclub.com/forum/album.php?albumid=22608

New Cowl Induction Hood
    New Truck pics 6-2013 011TC.jpg

New Michelin Latitudes
    New Truck pics 6-2013 037TC.jpg

New Escalade Gauge Cluster
    New Gauges 007rs.jpg
  16. Froztbyt

Froztbyt New Member

You could try using denatured alcohol

- - - Updated - - -

well I posted a question on this site:happy:, after lunch I will take the fuel rail and injectors out, then hope I can figure out TDC:grrrrrr:
    ............need a smily for being totally Confuzzeled
  17. dsfloyd

dsfloyd New Member

the mods look great

- - - Updated - - -

Well it was actually earlier this week, but I did an oil change. Then decided to to a front end inspection. Expected to find the ball joints to be worn as with the angle they are at on the uppers I figure they will wear fast. Good news is they are fine :glasses:. Bad news is the passenger side hub bearing is going bad. I replaced the drivers side a couple years ago. At the time I was just going to replace both sets of bearings, until I found out it is a sealed unit with abs, studs etc. for the small cost of around $200 for the parts (each hub). Well needless to say at the time I said since the passenger side was fine it wasn't getting replaced. But now the time has come :grrrrrr:.
  18. Nitro_Alltrac

Nitro_Alltrac New Member

This weekend I replaced the driver's power window motor, got the cigarette lighter working (blown fuse), reattached one of the license plate lights and reattached the window switch panel on the driver's door.
  19. TimTom64b

TimTom64b New Member

Finished my suspension upgrades... Installed readylift UCA kit, readlift leveling kit/torsion keys and two inch blocks in the rear. All in all added two inches in the front and with about a 1.5 rake in the back... I did it this way to maintain good towing characteristics. I am happy with the results... will post pictures later.
  20. Sir Koscoe

Sir Koscoe New Member

Intakes gaskets were replaced on Saturday and now the truck runs great. No more rough idle. I also replaced the trans filter and fluid in our 05 Grand Prix yesterday.