1. Chevy Truck Forum

Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online

Online since 2004, we're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free

Registering is Free and Easy! Do it today and we'll see you on the forums soon!

What have u done to ur GM truck today? Part 2

Discussion in 'Chevy Truck Talk & GM News' started by ChevyFan, Jun 7, 2013.

1. 95C1500

95C1500 Member 2 Years 100 Posts

tailgating before the football game!

2. rileyjr16

rileyjr16 Rockstar 3 Years 1000 Posts

image.jpg

Now sporting the site sticker that [MENTION=44531]Sierraowner5.3[/MENTION] gave me. Looks great thank you Alex.

Also turned up the torsion keys and will be getting tires rotated and an alignment done. Front passenger side is looking pretty bad on the outside tread. Also trying to get rid of that gm sideways lean n

3. Sierraowner5.3

Sierraowner5.3 Rockstar 3 Years 1000 Posts

welp, finally got off my butt, pictures!

first, my new black billet grill. Was originally for a HD, but a little creative hacksaw work and I got it done. wasnt sure about it at first, but its growing on me.
    whats that under the hood you may ask? AirAid Modular intake tube. Made a difference in throttle respose imo, and the added intake growl was worth it alone.

last is the tekonsha P2 brake controller I bought for the 6x14 enclosed trailer I bought last month to move home with.

last is glamour shot from work :-D

Alex

Attached Files:

4. reggiecab2000

reggiecab2000 Rockstar 4 Years 500 Posts

installed my shiny new edge CS insight monitor :)

5. PantheraUncia

PantheraUncia Active Member 2 Years 1000 Posts

I have ordered a ceramic clear coat that I can apply like a wax that comes with a 2 year warranty that is too good to live up to it's name, such that it is used on multi million dollar yachts and jet airplanes to protect the paint and finish against any type of weather and salt water.

I am testing it on my old beat up truck before I decide to invest in it for the truck I will be ordering next year.

Apparently the ceramic coating it strong enough that pebbles will bounce instead of chip paint, and rain is enough to wash the truck..... no more car washes.... but we will see.... (again too good to be true).

6. Pikey

Pikey Moderator Staff Member 3 Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

what is is called? Opti-coat?

7. PantheraUncia

Never heard of Opti-coat, so I looked it up, the stuff I ordered looks similar to their high end product with "un-limited" durability.

I am not going to mention the name until I get the product and test it out. It started out as being a protectant for yachts and then I heard about it being used to protect private jets and then saw some pictures where they used it on harleys and a porsche or 2.

I figured I would try it out and see if it really works. I can't be applied to glass, I am also looking for a similar "permanent" replacement for rain x for the windshield :) (that only has to be applied once every few years).

8. Pikey

Darn you!! I need to know this info :lol:. Some people say that I drive a land yacht, that should count for something! I think that trico makes a windshield product that is supposed to last a year

- - - Updated - - -

nope. It lasts 6 months

9. PantheraUncia

If it makes you feel better Pikey, this is just a test.... I was looking a 1/4" thick ballistic grade ceramic coatings for the new truck ( but I may only need that if I am traveling through Detroit ) :)

Technology is beginning to do some interesting things.

10. Pikey

Ordered my Bilstein shocks from @AutoAnything today. They gave me a great deal! http://www.gmtruckclub.com/forum/sh...ything-Rocks!-Great-deal!?p=582695#post582695

I am glad that they did. I did not want to order from ShockWarehouse again after the guy started screaming at me on the phone when I called them to tell them that they shipped me the 4th leaking rear shock for a customers Durango. Somehow they thought it was my fault when I opened a box that was soaked in oil and found the shocks leaking at the rod seal. You would figure that if a box is covered in oil they would inspect the contents before shipping it out. (4 times)

Last edited: Oct 1, 2013