1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

What have u done to ur GM truck today? Part 2

Discussion in 'Chevy Truck Talk & GM News' started by ChevyFan, Jun 7, 2013.

1. Pikey

Pikey Moderator Staff Member 2 Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

Got the rear shocks in fedex today. The fronts probably will not arrive till monday or tuesday. I ordered new moog spring insulators for the rear springs from a local parts store. I figure if I am putting new spring on I might as well change those out also. Now I just have to resist the urge to install the rear shocks and springs before the fronts arrive. Oh and sell my oem headlight housings that I have had on CL for a month to finish covering the cost of my suspension upgrades.
  2. rileyjr16

rileyjr16 Rockstar 3 Years 1000 Posts

image.jpg

Got my parking lights in from my parents in the mail today. Also I buffed them out and I put gas in the truck. She's overdue for a big wash and wax. Also in recent and more exciting news I also am in the process of asking my girlfriend's grandparents for her hand in marriage. Wish me luck!
  3. Pikey

Pikey Moderator Staff Member 2 Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

I installed my Bilstein shocks and coil springs today. Wow, between the shocks and the hellwig anti sway bars (I moved the rear to the second hole on the sway bar) my truck has almost no body roll on corners. What a difference in handling. There is absolutely no nose diving when braking and the truck stays level when accelerating. Big difference from the monroe reflex I put on the front last year. The rear does ride a little more rough with the new springs and shocks. Good luck @rileyjr16 ! by the way I hope to have that in the mail monday
  4. summitwhite11

summitwhite11 Member 1 Year 100 Posts

I feel kinda lame here, all I did yesterday was a marathon detail and order a set of rear wheel well liners. Lookin to extinguish the bright white light in the rear wells. lol.
  5. rileyjr16

rileyjr16 Rockstar 3 Years 1000 Posts

Thanks @Pikey can't wait for it to come in. Well. Yesterday I beat the trucks suspension to smitherines (or so it felt to me). Drove about 25 miles to go deer hunting, went down a gravel road full of potholes and thought I blew the whole suspension apart. I didn't and she rides just like she normally does. Probably gonna put her through the same stress today. Steady looking for little things to upgrade to further her life from 254,000 miles to 354,00 miles. But all I'm gonna do is put some go-go juice in her and probably spray her off later if I don't find a touchless automatic.

EDIT: Oh forgot to add the deer part. Shot at a doe yesterday and shot low and short into a stump.
  6. savagetman

savagetman Member

got my bed lights mounted today, and some time this week going to finish wiring them, as well instal my amp hd sport bed extender
  7. jsmith4816

jsmith4816 Member 2 Years 100 Posts

Found my oil leak. Looks like its either rear main seal or oil filter adapter/lines. Maybe even both. Also tried to figure out my electrical problem. Found out it was my new alternator (January). Needless to say, I am very fast at doing alternators now lol. Have done 4 on my truck now, luckily Ive got a lifetime warranty!
  8. reggiecab2000

reggiecab2000 Rockstar 4 Years 500 Posts

found my horrible clunking noise! calling the transmission shop tomorrow morning!

also, since i was out there finally removed a ton of wires leftover from when i had all my lights on the front end
    Last edited: Oct 7, 2013
  9. dsfloyd

dsfloyd Epic Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner Gold Member 1000 Posts

rotated and balanced the tires, put some more petrol in it.
  10. reggiecab2000

reggiecab2000 Rockstar 4 Years 500 Posts

got my loose transmission mount replaced and fixed, also found the problem with my electric fans...