1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

What have u done to ur GM truck today? Part 2

Discussion in 'Chevy Truck Talk & GM News' started by ChevyFan, Jun 7, 2013.

1. erickirby12

erickirby12 New Member

Just replaced my sway bar inlinks
  2. Pikey

Pikey Active Member Staff Member 2 Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

Crawled under my truck and re-torqued all my Hellwig sway bar links and mount bolts. While I was under the rear I noticed oil running down my new rear Bilstein shocks! I wiped them down and will drive it for a while and see what happens. If they are still leaking I will have to get a hold of [MENTION=52157]AutoAnything[/MENTION] and see how they handle warranty issues.
  3. summitwhite11

summitwhite11 Member 100 Posts

I installed the underseat storage compartment in my extended cab sunday, it has 3 seperate compartments, I may have to warm up to this item, I am sure it will be handy for small items,
  4. reggiecab2000

reggiecab2000 Rockstar 4 Years 500 Posts

took about 40 minutes to use some simple green and really clean up my dirty wheels, finally got off most of the brake dust that local car washes just throw shiny stuff over, then had about 3 scotts towels left to start my engine bay wipe down, but that only did the fuse cover and the heater hoses lol
  5. reggiecab2000

reggiecab2000 Rockstar 4 Years 500 Posts

for the first time in my 4.5 year college career, i got stuck at the beach mid day on sunday..... i kept workin and workin till my tranny got to 230 degrees and engine got to 237 degrees then decided i was done. nice fellow in a tundra came along and pulled me out, and just washed her today
  6. rileyjr16

rileyjr16 Rockstar 3 Years 1000 Posts

Drove her around. Bout time I get the oil changed and "winterize" it like you northerners say it ;)
  7. BurbanMan

BurbanMan Member 1 Year 500 Posts

Not a damn thing. Tranny is in Durango getting the bell housing welded
  8. Pikey

Don't forget to go to a local shop and ask them to install "winter air" in your tires! :neutral: All of us "northerners" have to have summer air added in spring and winter air in the fall!!! :rules:
  9. PantheraUncia

PantheraUncia Active Member 2 Years 1000 Posts

Installed an electric heater from lowes for $24 because I am not going to pay 8 hours labor to take my dash apart to replace a $50 heater coil. and the electric heater heats faster than the factory heater anyway :lol:
  10. Pikey

Bought a cheap universal remote control at menards for $1.99 and programmed it to work with my rear dvd player. My kids are hooked up now, since I scored a set of wireless head phones (free) from an engineer whose company makes them. Now they are completely wireless in the back seat.