1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

What have u done to ur GM truck today? Part 2

Discussion in 'Chevy Truck Talk & GM News' started by ChevyFan, Jun 7, 2013.

1. dsfloyd

dsfloyd New Member 1000 Posts

Well its raining today, so on the way home the kid and I will have to go play in some big puddles (in the truck):great:. Being in the desert and city not much in the way of mud though:grrrrrr:
  2. PantheraUncia

PantheraUncia Active Member 1000 Posts

Rain X ed the windshield twice in prep for the storm coming through the next 2 days. Put 2 more quarts of oil in my poorly designed 5.3L Vortec.
  3. Conlan Rose

Conlan Rose Super Moderator 1000 Posts

Last week I fixed my rear glass latch so now it closes easily. Also got my new GMTC sticker on the truck which look great. The Tahoe also hit 203000 miles last week.

IMG_20131129_114107_278.jpg IMG_20131201_240441_435.jpg
    Last edited: Dec 2, 2013
  4. reggiecab2000

reggiecab2000 Member

still waiting to get time to post some pictures on my very productive thanksgiving break with my truck :)

1) sound deadened doors and replaced 12 year old boston component set with alpine type R's
    http://www.gmtruckclub.com/forum/sh...d-my-cab-over-the-weekend?p=594527#post594527

2) replaced both my door checks
    http://www.gmtruckclub.com/forum/sh...do-door-check-replacement?p=594531#post594531

3) Started build on my headache rack
    http://www.gmtruckclub.com/forum/showthread.php/139236-built-a-headache-rack?p=594529#post594529

4) also fixed my heater which didnt work! it was a clogged heater core thank god

IMG_4225 (480x640).jpg

all i did was flush my entire cooling system with a hose, then take off the heater hoses to directly flush the heater core, and bam! the clog came out, heater has been flawless since :glasses:
    Last edited: Dec 7, 2013
  5. Pikey

Pikey Moderator Staff Member 1000 Posts

installed a new belt tensioner. I installed one a year and one month ago. it started chirping yesterday, I sprayed it with some lube and it got really loud. To bad no one sells one with a life time warranty. I used a drive works brand last time (failed one month out of warranty) This time I bought a gates.

- - - Updated - - -

you got lucky with that one. i have seen many clogged that needed replaced. my neighbor did one on his pontiac van in his driveway in 15 degree weather. had to pull the entire dash. I offered my garage, but he said no thanks.
  6. reggiecab2000

reggiecab2000 Member

yes, I know...I had my fingers crossed the entire time! lol
  7. Pikey

you don't need heat where you live anyway :lol: It is 17 here with a wind chill of 7. We will not see the 30's until next week sometime. I have heard of guys dumping CLR into the heater core, letting it sit and then rinsing it out.
  8. reggiecab2000

reggiecab2000 Member

just replaced my Idler pulley which was getting really squeaky, well MOST of the noise is gone, but not all
  9. Pikey

I played that game when I first got the 05. I replaced the idler pulley, still had noise, the alternator went out, replaced it, still some noise, replaced the tensioner pulley, less noise, replaced the ac tensioner pulley and the ps pump, No noise. Until a few days ago, had to install a new tensioner pulley.
  10. reggiecab2000

reggiecab2000 Member

did the alternator a few months back, would have just replaced both idler and tensioner, but unfortunately rockauto sent me TWO idler pulleys.... so gotta get that exchanged for my belt tensioner, then thats next on my list. but i have an squeaking noise AND a horrible whine when idling or driving, so im really hoping itll fix it