Newest Gallery Photos

1. Chevy Truck Forum

Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online

Online since 2004, we're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free

Registering is Free and Easy! Do it today and we'll see you on the forums soon!

What have u done to ur GM truck today? Part 2

Discussion in 'Chevy Truck Talk & GM News' started by ChevyFan, Jun 7, 2013.

1. Pikey

Pikey Moderator Staff Member 3 Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

I ended up just replacing the entire tensioner. I could have gotten the bearings for around $5 from my former workplace and just changed them out, but as always I was in a rush. I was also getting a whine from my new power steering pump. It drove me crazy, plus when it was cold in the morning it would make a high pitched "squeal" but it was not the belt or pulley, it was fluid moving passed something in the system, it only did it turning left. So, I added this to it Lubegard 20404 Universal Power Steering Fluid Protectant. The noise stopped within a day and no more whine.

2. reggiecab2000

reggiecab2000 Rockstar 4 Years 500 Posts

thats the plan for me too, not just the pulley, the entire tensioner, actually though my whine has nothing to do with my steering geometry, i do not think my truck has ever had the power steering fluid flushed in its life..... thats on my to do list as well, but gotta look up some details so i dont mess it up.

3. Pikey

Pikey Moderator Staff Member 3 Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

If you know someone that can hook you up at a quick oil change place, that is the way to go for the ps flush in my opinion. I took mine to my nephew who runs one of those places. He has a machine that has a long hose with another hose attached about half the length of the long one. He put the hose down into the reservoir, the long tube pumps new fluid in while the short tube lines up with the return line on the side of the reservoir. The short tube sucks old returning fluid into the machine and the long hose pumps new fluid in. He had me turn the wheel a few times during the process. I think that i had him run about 2 gallons thru my system.
    I have done it myself by disconnecting the return line and putting it into a bucket. Then I just kept pouring fluid in the reservoir as it pumped out. i had someone inside turning the wheel. You just need to watch that you do not let the fluid get low enough that it starts to foam.

4. Rocketmanh5

Rocketmanh5 Rockstar 100 Posts

Painted frame. Don't care for it so the bed is coming off and going to do it right tomorrow. Cleaned exhaust and cut above the rear end to dump under the bed.

5. 66 chevyman

66 chevyman Member 100 Posts

Thought about mine today! lol!

6. BurbanMan

BurbanMan Member 1 Year 500 Posts

I looked at mine! Lol

7. gigem

gigem New Member

I took of my side trim

20131202_150128.jpg 20131201_141116.jpg PicsArt_1386042814556.jpg

8. Conlan Rose

Conlan Rose Active Member 2 Years 1000 Posts

Going to be doing an oil change and fuel filter change on my truck today.

9. Conlan Rose

Conlan Rose Active Member 2 Years 1000 Posts

Installed a new set of fog lights on the truck and cleaned my lights. Will be trying to check the alignment on the lights tonight.

10. summitwhite11

summitwhite11 Member 1 Year 100 Posts

I had hazardous duty today, last minute errands for Christmas, and wound up dodging as best as one can, the falling ice from the over head power lines, I still took a couple of hits, I would have rather fought my way thru a store full of elderly blue haired ninja shoppers. lol.