1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

What have u done to ur GM truck today? Part 2

Discussion in 'Chevy Truck Talk & GM News' started by ChevyFan, Jun 7, 2013.

1. elittle

elittle Member

I removed the tailgate emblem using fishing line then put on a aluminum black powder coated one to replace it and did the same in the front. Wednesday is Recon red smoked LED tail lights with LED reverse bulbs and a smoked LED 3rd brake light.

I should have read the How To article on debadging first... one of those eraser wheels would have saved me 45 minutes and not ripped apart my finger tips.
  2. ahmitchell1

ahmitchell1 Rockstar 4 Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

Removed the plast dip from my silverado rim. Tried to trace the shorts I have in my turn signals. No luck with that but did figure out my horn problem. As for the 65. Cleaned it up and took into the local car meet. Tomorrow after work I'm gunna try and remember to take pictures of my 87 mug bogger build I started this weekend
  3. Sir Koscoe

Sir Koscoe Member

Intake gaskets are bought from RockAuto. Hoping this fixes my rough idle issue.
  4. Conlan Rose

Conlan Rose Active Member 2 Years 1000 Posts

Bought the fluids for my T-case and front diff, then I spend an hour under the truck inspecting things and checking for damage or leaks. Everything looks good from what I can tell.

I hope more keep posting in here!
  5. donyms

donyms Rockstar 4 Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

That is funny.............:rofl:

- - - Updated - - -

I have done a few mods lately and I promised you all pictures so here they are. I will post a couple on this post with a link to the new album. Let me know what you think. :glasses:

Link to Album: http://www.gmtruckclub.com/forum/album.php?albumid=22608

New Cowl Induction Hood
    New Truck pics 6-2013 011TC.jpg

New Michelin Latitudes
    New Truck pics 6-2013 037TC.jpg

New Escalade Gauge Cluster
    New Gauges 007rs.jpg
  6. Froztbyt

Froztbyt New Member

You could try using denatured alcohol

- - - Updated - - -

well I posted a question on this site:happy:, after lunch I will take the fuel rail and injectors out, then hope I can figure out TDC:grrrrrr:
    ............need a smily for being totally Confuzzeled
  7. dsfloyd

dsfloyd Epic Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner Gold Member 1000 Posts

the mods look great

- - - Updated - - -

Well it was actually earlier this week, but I did an oil change. Then decided to to a front end inspection. Expected to find the ball joints to be worn as with the angle they are at on the uppers I figure they will wear fast. Good news is they are fine :glasses:. Bad news is the passenger side hub bearing is going bad. I replaced the drivers side a couple years ago. At the time I was just going to replace both sets of bearings, until I found out it is a sealed unit with abs, studs etc. for the small cost of around $200 for the parts (each hub). Well needless to say at the time I said since the passenger side was fine it wasn't getting replaced. But now the time has come :grrrrrr:.
  8. Nitro_Alltrac

Nitro_Alltrac New Member

This weekend I replaced the driver's power window motor, got the cigarette lighter working (blown fuse), reattached one of the license plate lights and reattached the window switch panel on the driver's door.
  9. TimTom64b

TimTom64b Member 2 Years 500 Posts ROTM Winner Gold Member

Finished my suspension upgrades... Installed readylift UCA kit, readlift leveling kit/torsion keys and two inch blocks in the rear. All in all added two inches in the front and with about a 1.5 rake in the back... I did it this way to maintain good towing characteristics. I am happy with the results... will post pictures later.
  10. Sir Koscoe

Sir Koscoe Member

Intakes gaskets were replaced on Saturday and now the truck runs great. No more rough idle. I also replaced the trans filter and fluid in our 05 Grand Prix yesterday.