1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

What have u done to ur GM truck today? Part 2

Discussion in 'Chevy Truck Talk & GM News' started by ChevyFan, Jun 7, 2013.

Newest Gallery Photos

1. BRB46

BRB46 Rockstar Gold Member 100 Posts

In the process of changing my dash lights to blue LED. have everything done but the cluster at this point. very time consuming project as every one has to be un-soldered and redone. HVAC control was the hardest one. had like 11 bulbs in it. Also just received my black Z71 genuine GM decals but that will have to wait for warmer weather and a clean truck.

Attached Files:

2. Rocketmanh5

Rocketmanh5 Rockstar 100 Posts

Thank ya yours too. And if I could get the plate I want just to have it and hold but its already gone here in LA... "outtatime"
  3. the phantom

the phantom Active Member 2 Years ROTM Winner Gold Member 1000 Posts

Well tore out my stock headlights to put in the new modded ones I put together in. I have to wait on another ring now since 3 led's seem to have decided not to work. Which means baking the lenses off again:grrrrrr:. But heres a few pics of the start of the process. 0307141819.jpg 0307141928.jpg 0307141928a.jpg Also waiting on a couple extension cables to get the center stripe lit up.. 0307141927.jpg
  4. McClintoc

McClintoc ɹoʇɐɹǝpoɯ Staff Member 2 Years 1000 Posts Platinum Contributor

[MENTION=54154]the phantom[/MENTION] What color are those LEDs? Red or amber? Aren't red lights on the front of any vehicle other than emergency vehicles illegal?

My front end project is turning into a PITA:

- My grille finally showed up today and it has black tar-like gunk on it that is very difficult to get off.
    - The bowtie socket is not quite the same shape as the bowtie insert I have (WTF?) and there are some noticeable gaps.
    - My first attempt at wrapping the bowtie in color-matched vinyl looks like crap once put in the grille so I have to redo it and by redo it I mean order another vinyl wrap.
    - I pulled my new head lamps completely out of the box/packaging to hold them up to the grille to see what it will look like and I see one my new headlamp housings is broken so now that has to be returned/exchanged.

I have very little patience and this is all very frustrating... :grrrrrr:
  5. the phantom

the phantom Active Member 2 Years ROTM Winner Gold Member 1000 Posts

They are color changing Halo's, they can be blue, green red or white and fade to all colors in between.. Yes you are correct. they are illegal IF you have them on going down the road...These are for off-road use or in my case "show" use only..I have them on a seperate toggle. Although If I select them white I believe they would be legal since some cars come factory with them white.
    0131142038.jpg 0131142038a.jpg 0131142038d.jpg
  6. McClintoc

McClintoc ɹoʇɐɹǝpoɯ Staff Member 2 Years 1000 Posts Platinum Contributor

OK cool, that color changing is awesome!
  7. savagetman

savagetman Member

booked appointment yesterday to have gm 2 way advanced remote start installed this coming friday
  8. yotchie

yotchie Rockstar 100 Posts

nothing major. but over the weekend added an Extang solid fold tool box tonneau cover. fits real nice behind the tool box. so pumped not to have to tarp and strap any luggage on road trips anymore.

where did everyone get those awesome led rings and is it possible to get them in housings already installed?
  9. Pikey

Pikey Moderator Staff Member 2 Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

Those look freaking awesome! Nice work!
  10. Rocketmanh5

Rocketmanh5 Rockstar 100 Posts

I'm ready to do mine. I just have to order new headlights to start over with. Sort of super sealed mine.. plus a few scratches in the lenses.