What have u done to ur GM truck today? Part 2

Discussion in 'Chevy Truck Talk & GM News' started by ChevyFan, Jun 7, 2013.

1. 2011laserblue

2011laserblue Rockstar 3 Years ROTM Winner 100 Posts

That thing is NICE.

2. savagetman

savagetman Member

well after my truck sitting at the local dealership all day, fond out they can not put the gm advanced 2way remote start in. part 19171129. As u can guess i was not happy. Since before i bought the part i asked if it could be put in since it says 2007-2010 for truck years and they assured me it would still work for my 2012 sierra 1500 . As it turn out all the part of the kit installed in a couple of minuets once the interior panels were out of the way. Problem was GM in its wisdom changed there programing code for 2011 and up (is what the dealership told me) so they could not trick the computer to accepting the new part and programing. Dealership did reimburse the cost of the part and told me i could keep the part as they did not want to spent the time to remove the antenna. So tomorrow i will be removing the antenna and cleaning the glue off as i don't want parts on my truck that don't work.

3. McClintoc

McClintoc ɹoʇɐɹǝpoɯ Staff Member 2 Years 1000 Posts Platinum Contributor

My replacement parking lights showed up today from Auto Zone as the previous ones were damaged. I also just ordered some new vinyl wraps for my bowtie since I screwed up the first attempt. I will get this front end project done eventually. :p

4. silverhobey

silverhobey Rockstar 3 Years 500 Posts

Havent been on much lately.....have oil filter to do next week, tire rotation, and rear differential fluid to get changed ( 40000 km )....have accessories to install---Bowtie brake light cover, under bed rail bed lights, rear led light bar to go under tailgate, stubby antenna, and am going to look at horn upgrades ( about 50 bucks) as I can't stand the little beeps!!!Brian from Canada.

5. Conlan Rose

Conlan Rose Rockstar 3 Years 1000 Posts

Changed the rear fluid yesterday to 75w-90 Valvoline Synpower and installed the new diff cover. I also cleaned off the magnet and then installed it in the new cover.
    2032319472277782326-attachment-2-20140314_125837.jpeg.jpg IMG_20140315_124100_543.jpg IMG_20140315_124108_071.jpg

6. McClintoc

McClintoc ɹoʇɐɹǝpoɯ Staff Member 2 Years 1000 Posts Platinum Contributor

Ordered an LED third brake light assembly then went out and bought some more stuff for my home-made roadside emergency kit.

I am trying to pay off my last CC so I can buy a new car but every time I make a payment I go use it again on stuff for my truck... :neutral:

7. BurbanMan

BurbanMan Member 1 Year 500 Posts

I blew the rr tail light lens off going down the highway lol

8. Sierraowner5.3

Sierraowner5.3 Rockstar 3 Years 1000 Posts

put on some Fia custom fit seat covers. they look really good, and fit great!

Alex

9. TimTom64b

TimTom64b Member 2 Years 500 Posts ROTM Winner Gold Member

Installed my new mean green alternator, dual bed liner, and did an oil change.

10. savagetman

savagetman Member

washed the truck today