1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

What have u done to ur GM truck today? Part 2

Discussion in 'Chevy Truck Talk & GM News' started by ChevyFan, Jun 7, 2013.

1. reggiecab2000

reggiecab2000 Rockstar 4 Years 500 Posts

been away for almost two months guys sorry! been dealing with some life changes and adaptations,
    but on the flip side, washed my truck today :)
  2. TimTom64b

TimTom64b Member 2 Years 500 Posts ROTM Winner Gold Member

Cleaned my throttle body... while I was doing it did a test of my truck with the Taylor TB spacer and without. This was one of my first mods on my truck... and since everyone says the do not make a different I thought I'd give it a test for a couple days... and was debating on eliminating. Between the two I really did not notice much of a change up to 2k rpm... but after that it make a night and day different. Hitting the throttle at 45 the rpms climbed much faster with the TBS than without... so much so I've decided to keep it. Everyone will say that it was the but dyno test... but in my setup it is obvious it is a no brainer.
  3. the phantom

the phantom Active Member 2 Years ROTM Winner Gold Member 1000 Posts

Got my new personalized plates today what ya think??

0324141856.jpg

- - - Updated - - -
  4. McClintoc

McClintoc ɹoʇɐɹǝpoɯ Staff Member 2 Years 1000 Posts Platinum Contributor

My latest mod project continues to be a PITA. I ordered an LED third brake light last week. What I received yesterday was a pair of LED front parking lights. My receipt, the packing slip and the box all say brake light. What was actually in the box? Parking lights...WTF?!?!
  5. Pikey

Pikey Moderator Staff Member 2 Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

I received my power stop rotors today and my braided steel brake lines yesterday. I hope to get the power stop pads and rotors on tonight and the brake lines tomorrow. I want to give myself the weekend to do the lines in case I break a hard line. It would suck to break one tonight and not be able to drive my son to school in the morning. I also purchased a Motive power bleeder, should make doing the brake line job go much faster, plus my wife hates pumping brakes to bleed them. http://motiveproducts.3dcartstores....e-Mustang-3-Tab-Power-Bleeder-Kit-_p_104.html
  6. TimTom64b

TimTom64b Member 2 Years 500 Posts ROTM Winner Gold Member

I just ordered an LED third brake light... and led tailgate bar. Other than that just waiting for the salt to rinse off the roads here in NY so I can put my summer tires.
  7. Pikey

I installed my power stop brake pads and front rotors. I am very impressed. First, this is the first set of pads that I did not have to grind to make slide correctly in a very long time. Second, I can feel the "bite" of the pad front rotor combo. My stopping distance definitely decreased. I wish rear rotors were in the budget. I also made sure I could open all the bleeder before I install the braided stainless lines tomorrow. One of the bleeders gave me a hard time. But, with a little heat, a pair of vise grips, and a lot of swearing it broke it loose. I will replace it tomorrow before I start the brake line install.
  8. Curky

Curky Active Member 2 Years 1000 Posts

Lol, so what did you do with your 3rd light? Thinking of selling it? If so will it fit my 08 and does it leak?. Mine leaks.
  9. Pikey

who are you ordering this stuff from? I want to make sure that I never use them
  10. McClintoc

McClintoc ɹoʇɐɹǝpoɯ Staff Member 2 Years 1000 Posts Platinum Contributor

I have a 2001 so I don't think it will fit a 2008 but I don't know for sure.

I ordered my third brake light from a place called carid.com. This is the first time I have used them.