1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

What have u done to ur GM truck today? Part 2

Discussion in 'Chevy Truck Talk & GM News' started by ChevyFan, Jun 7, 2013.

1. Pikey

Pikey Moderator Staff Member 1000 Posts 100 Posts

I just finished installing my braided stainless brake lines. WOW! What a difference. They easily took an inch out of my pedal travel. I also flushed and bled the system using the new motive power bleeder I bought. The bleeding went really fast. I can actually say that is someone pulls out in front of me I now have a fighting chance to stop.
  2. McClintoc

McClintoc Super Moderator Staff Member Platinum Contributor 1000 Posts 100 Posts

Rotated/rebalanced and aired up my tires. I was a bit past due on a rotation.
  3. Manta22

Manta22 New Member

Got an alignment. Ok, that was yesterday.

Started making templates for a rear bumper.
  4. squatchy

squatchy Member 100 Posts

Got the new tires put on, finished putting the lift on yesterday. gonna start pulling interior plastics for paint in a bit
  5. dsfloyd

dsfloyd New Member 1000 Posts 100 Posts

Glad you like the stainless steel lines. They do make a big difference.

I washed the truck after taking it on a little trail ride. Now I see why I tend to stick to more wide open areas for my off road enjoyment as the trail got a bit narrow with brush. Scratched the crap out of the sides:grrrrrr:. Fortunately none seem to be deep as there are no noticeable edges and hopefully will come out with polishing (looks better after washing but still noticeable in the right light).
    These run the entire length of the truck on both sides
    IMG_20140330_180400_501.jpg

Looks better but time to get to buffing. Its not a mall queen but I do like to keep it looking good.
    IMG_20140401_113432_446.jpg
  6. Pikey

Pikey Moderator Staff Member 1000 Posts 100 Posts

wow, Hopefully you can get those buffed out. On the fender flare I would try armorall extreme shield wax. it should hide most of those scratches.
  7. dsfloyd

dsfloyd New Member 1000 Posts 100 Posts

yeah hopefully. the fender flares are plastic and easy to paint again as well if I want. I posted a thread in the detailing section so hopefully some with that type of experience can help.
  8. reggiecab2000

reggiecab2000 Member 100 Posts

started my next front bumper project over the weekend!
  9. Conlan Rose

Conlan Rose Super Moderator 1000 Posts 100 Posts

Learned from my mom that a turkey hit my windshield while he was driving the truck today. Only damaged the passenger side of the windshield but also caused glass to rain inside the truck. Just need to make sure my parents give Safelite the proper windshield description. Mine is the progressive tint one. Not sure on the part #. Also will need a new pass side wiper because it got damaged as well.

10154163_628693937213684_7561600164546607033_n.jpg
  10. TimTom64b

TimTom64b Member 100 Posts

Mounted my summer tires... and an alignment.