1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

What have u done to ur GM truck today? Part 2

Discussion in 'Chevy Truck Talk & GM News' started by ChevyFan, Jun 7, 2013.

1. PantheraUncia

PantheraUncia Active Member 1000 Posts

Put gas it in, wiped the pollen off it.
  2. 66 chevyman

66 chevyman New Member

Did this yesterday...installed a 1956 Bel Air hood ornament on the truck.

Attached Files:

• 001.jpg
      001.jpg
      File size:
      79.1 KB
      Views:
    • 002.jpg
      002.jpg
      File size:
      79 KB
      Views:
  3. reggiecab2000

reggiecab2000 Member

happy Easter guys and gals!

had some time yesterday to fix some problems ive had for awhile...

1) havent had decent radio reception in about 4 years, also thought it was the stereo.... nope just replaced the entire antenna wire and it is perfect reception now!

IMG_5427 (640x480).jpg

had to take the entire dash off to access the wire, but easy fix overall.

2) and this little booger.... my windshield washer line from the pump to behind the battery had a huge hole in it that explains why ive always been refilling my washer fluid once a month for the last few years even though i hardly use it.

IMG_5426 (480x640).jpg

IMG_5425 (480x640).jpg
  4. PantheraUncia

PantheraUncia Active Member 1000 Posts

How long did it take to take the dash apart? I have to replace my heater coil and actuators for the air system. I am not looking forward to it and all the quotes I am getting include 8 hours labor....:grrrrrr:

- - - Updated - - -

Nice hood ornament, Is this the first year Chevy when to the "brick" body style and stopped using the fender flares over the front wheels?
  5. Curky

Curky New Member 1000 Posts

Like a mirror, 2nd clay bar and two coats of wax... lot of work but love it. uploadfromtaptalk1398020999295.jpg
  6. savagetman

savagetman Member

cleaned the interior of my truck, was going to wash and clay-bar it, but its raining here today, so that will have to be done another day
  7. squatchy

squatchy Member

Looks great! I'm waiting on adams to send the rest of my stuff and im gonna clay bar and buff mine. Dang box showed up the other day, minus the finishing polish and backing plate, then I get an email telling me both are back ordered.
  8. the phantom

the phantom Active Member ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

Gave it a bath, got it dirty, put gas in it, then gave it another bath.
  9. craigman45

craigman45 Member

Today I pulled the door emblems off for a thorough cleaning,broke one,went on LMC truck to see how much they are and nearly crapped myself.Ebay much more friendly.maybe I'll leave them off......
  10. reggiecab2000

reggiecab2000 Member

you misunderstand my friend....

taking the whole top to the dash board off, and replacing the heater core, are two very different monsters...
    i axtually just did my heater core myself a few months back and did a writeup on it, check out that thread.... saved me alot of money AND took me about 10 hours to do... its not for the faint of heart...