What have u done to ur GM truck today? Part 2

Discussion in 'Chevy Truck Talk & GM News' started by ChevyFan, Jun 7, 2013.

1. jake's silverado

jake's silverado Epic Member 5+ Years 100 Posts

New rims and tires... And new smell...

Some may remember I asked for an opinion on which Fuel OffRoad rims to get. I did get the 20" pumps for my truck with a set of 265/60 Good Year Wrangler SR-A. Here is before and after.

then I had to send half a can of Lysol into the HVAC to take care of the starting of a musty smell.

Attached Files:

2. McClintoc

McClintoc ɹoʇɐɹǝpoɯ Staff Member 2 Years 1000 Posts Platinum Contributor

Looking good!

3. McClintoc

A couple of days ago I contacted a local truck shop about installing my leveling kit. I have the kit I need but several months ago, my dad and I tried to install it. I was very difficult for the two of us and we could not get it installed. Also, I mainly wanted to know if I would need taller shocks for the kit and the local shop said I would but they also said the GMT800 (NBS) trucks were the most difficult to install. :(

Oh well, that got me thinking: my next project will be all suspension related. I have the leveling kit and now know that I will need taller shocks. I thinking I will swap out all my OE shocks for some nice Rancho shocks and I will also get new front and rear Hellwig sway bars. I think all that together will give my truck a nice look and feel. I'll just have the local shop install it all. I have some saving up to do but think all that will be my next project.

4. savagetman

savagetman Member

my westin winch mount and light bar came in yesterday and the tow hooks for the winch mount came today. Plan on install the mount this weekend.

5. McClintoc

As promised @Pikey here are some pics of my new headlights, LED DRL/parking lights, billet grille and color matched bowtie - all of which I installed two weeks ago. My head lights are a little crooked in these pics as I took the pics before adjusting them and yes, my truck is super dirty.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

6. Pikey

Pikey Moderator Staff Member 3 Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

i really like those led drl/turn signals. are there leds out on the bottom of the drivers side? looks like only 2 are lit.

- - - Updated - - -

after owning almost ever brand of shock out there I would take a look at bilstein. I am very happy with mine.

7. McClintoc

All the LEDs work. It's just the angle of the picture.

8. rileyjr16

rileyjr16 Rockstar 3 Years 1000 Posts

Bought some rims and tires off of CL and installed them photo 1.jpg

9. McClintoc

I got under my front end to replace my fog lamps and found this:

Looks like I'll have expedite my suspension project.

...well i can't get my photo to upload from my phone or my tablet but my front sway bar is not connected to my lower control arm.

- - - Updated - - -

Missing connecting rod should run from the end of the sway bar down to the lower control arm:

sway bar oops.jpg

All new lights working. And you can see the LEDs better in this pic.

new lights.jpg

Last edited: May 4, 2014
  10. rileyjr16

rileyjr16 Rockstar 3 Years 1000 Posts

My wife has my truck today since hers is on E. So I'm not doing much to it at all