1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

What have u done to ur GM truck today? Part 2

Discussion in 'Chevy Truck Talk & GM News' started by ChevyFan, Jun 7, 2013.

Newest Gallery Photos

1. nottmbantam

nottmbantam Member 1 Year 100 Posts

front, right side. Thought it might need CV boot joint things, but the mechanic said axle. I asked the question on the Suburban Forum and CV shaft was mentioned. I'd rather trust the posts on here than the local mechanics here to be honest.
  2. BornAgainBiker55

BornAgainBiker55 Rockstar 100 Posts

Well, this is more a summary of the past few months as I rolled over 100k, in the order I remember them:
    Replaced front axle seal,
    Replaced rack & pinion steering
    Replaced tie rod ends
    Alignment
    Replaced all 4 shocks with Rancho 9000s
    Added Rancho 2" Quick Lift leveling kit
    Changed F&R differential oils
    Changed T-case oil
    Changed engine oil
    New Spark Plugs
    Cleaned Air Filter
    Cleaned Throttle Body etc.
    New tires
    Transmission oil change
    New brake pads / shoes / dics / drums all 4 wheels
    New Trailer Brake Controller

AND: Seriously considered a catch-can upgrade

Last edited: May 14, 2014
  3. Pikey

Pikey Moderator Staff Member 2 Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

replaced the lower intermediate steering shaft and did the grease zerk mod to the upper shaft.
  4. Conlan Rose

Conlan Rose Active Member 2 Years 1000 Posts

Cleaned and detailed the truck today. Also began to look in to why they truck hates cold starts very recently. Battery is 2 years old and the cables and starter are close to brand new. Will be looking in to Fuel pressure issues.
  5. savagetman

savagetman Member

Pulled my seats and installed seat covers and then reinstalled seats
  6. pmf608

pmf608 Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

Listed my Duramax for sale. The body shop told me this week they have finally started work on my Avalanche, and as soon as I get it back, it will be going up for sale too. I bought a 2008 F350 Lariat on Wednesday with the 6.4 Powerstroke diesel, so that I could have one truck to use for both work and pleasure to lower my insurance a bit this year instead of having it go up after last year's accident. I'll still probably check in here once in a while because this is a great forum and GM trucks are still interesting and familiar to me, but once the trucks sell, I'll be a Ford guy… of course, that could change in a couple years when I buy my next truck.
  7. PantheraUncia

PantheraUncia Active Member 2 Years 1000 Posts

What made you choose to get the F350 and drop the Duramax?
  8. pmf608

I didn't want to get another dually. I wanted Single Rear Wheel for a bit better maneuverability. Ford was the only company to have a 7,000lb rear axle in a SRW one ton truck until dodge followed suit in 2010 and GM in 2011. I still needed the weight handling for my business. My duramax had a GVWR of 12,000lbs as a dually. The F350 has a GVWR of 11,400 with single rear wheel, so for trucks within my price range, the F350 was the truck that could legally have the most hauling capacity.
  9. BornAgainBiker55

BornAgainBiker55 Rockstar 100 Posts

+1 for actually considering GVWR! :great: Most people wouldn't do that.
    We're all sad to see you "mostly go" :sign0199:
  10. pmf608

Thanks for the well wishes. I'm not gone yet though:lol:

For me, it was mostly the rear axle GAWR since the Alberta Commercial Vehicle Enforcement only looks at whether or not you are within all of your axle and tire weights, but GVWR goes right along with it. With the amount of trailering heavy loads and hauling things I do for my business, I needed all the rear axle rating I could legally get.