1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

What have u done to ur GM truck today? Part 2

Discussion in 'Chevy Truck Talk & GM News' started by ChevyFan, Jun 7, 2013.

1. reggiecab2000

reggiecab2000 Member 100 Posts

replaced my thermostat today (195 degree, which is what i believe it was anyway) , in hopes of operating closer to 210 degrees..... since i currently average between 180-190
  2. reggiecab2000

finally sanded down, prepped, ad threw a few coats of paint on my bumper, pictures soon
  3. reggiecab2000

finished the last coat of paint on my bumper, AND cut-out the mounting holes for my rigid dually D2's in my rear bumper
  4. ChromeSilver02

ChromeSilver02 New Member 100 Posts

Determined that I have a slow rear axe seal leak. Checked my diff. and the fluid is at the correct level, so I'll be watching that. But basic oil change and replace the pcv valve. Almost 11 year old truck is still running like a champ other than the infamous piston slap :glasses:
  5. reggiecab2000

finished my rigid dually flush mount lighting in my rear bumper!
  6. McClintoc

McClintoc Super Moderator Staff Member Platinum Contributor 1000 Posts 100 Posts

Just ordered $1,000 in new parts.

Labor Day weekend I'll be swapping my alternator, belts, belt tensioners, front hub/bearing assemblies, front rotors/pads, my OE intake tube for an AirAid MIT, replacing the rear diff fluid and upgrading my wimpy horn.
  7. TimTom64b

TimTom64b Member 100 Posts

Installed a Fitch fuel catalyst... hoping it will ensure quality fuel and ensure 93 octane is 93 octane.
  8. reggiecab2000

please update us with some results on this specific product!
  9. TimTom64b

TimTom64b Member 100 Posts

My primary reason to purchase it was to ensure quality/consistency of fuel... they have allot of claims such as fuel burning more efficiently and cleaner as well as better mileage. Initial things noted is that it does seem to idle smoother... and the exhaust gases seem have a cleaner burning smell. What I plan to do are two things... I am going to clean the exhaust tips to monitor for carbon buildup and check my mileage to see if there is any improvement. I have to drive it a few days first for the ecm to adjust for any change in quality of fuel. I will post my results.
  10. 95C1500

95C1500 New Member 100 Posts

Got it back formt he shop. Magnaflow cat, Spintech Sportsman 3000 muffler, and a turndown all welded up!