1. Chevy Truck Forum

Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online

Online since 2004, we're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free

Registering is Free and Easy! Do it today and we'll see you on the forums soon!

What have u done to ur GM truck today?

Discussion in 'Chevy Truck Talk & GM News' started by devilsalmostfree, Feb 28, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. AMac

AMac Member 2 Years GMTC Chick 500 Posts ROTM Winner

It's looking pretty awesome. Did you have to use an actual buffing tool for the sealant?

2. Ape

Ape Member 2 Years 100 Posts

Since I have 250 miles on the new crate engine I dropped in a few weeks ago, I decided it was time to tackle the paint and rust on my 89 Burb.
    So yesterday I got the grinder out and started attacking the typical rust spots on the fenders.

All I've done so far is take the chrome trim piece for the wheel well off the pass side fender (had to grind the heads of the screws off because they were rusted in there) and sand down as much of the rust as possible. Then I hit it with some rust inhibitor and sanded a bit more. Last thing I did today was lay a bit of bondo down on the offending areas. So tomorrow I'll do some more sanding and more thin layers of bondo and more sanding until I'm satisfied. Then I'll move on to the next fender.....And so on and so on and.........

3. TimTom64b

TimTom64b Member 2 Years 500 Posts ROTM Winner Gold Member

Yes I did use a buffing tool... But it can be applied by hand too.

4. ahmitchell1

ahmitchell1 Rockstar 4 Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

Use my truck to take my 300 pieces of my bike iwrecked last wekend from my dads shop to my house to start to try and rebuild. Oh and I got an air fresher

5. Sierraowner5.3

Sierraowner5.3 Rockstar 3 Years 1000 Posts

got a flowmaster 40 welded in, and did a wash and vac job. exhaust sounds pretty nice now.

Alex

6. darnie1987

darnie1987 Rockstar 100 Posts

well..... went for a cruse and did a monster rolling burnout by the GFs house ;)

7. 4x4squared

4x4squared Member 2 Years 100 Posts

Got my flow master 40s on my truck... Sounds pretty good. Next up is body work!! ...when I get some time and money lol

8. sevi084x4

sevi084x4 Rockstar 100 Posts

Washed the truck went for a little drive then decided to take off a little dealer sticker and also the flexfuel badge...looks alot better now, thinking about taking the silverado and lt off maybe now.... not too sure though haha.
    backoftruck.jpg

9. GMCErica

GMCErica Rockstar 3 Years GMTC Chick 1000 Posts Platinum Contributor

Nice looking truck!! :)

---------- Post added at 01:20 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:18 PM ----------

Can't wait to hear them!! Must sound pretty bad-*** !!! :)

10. sevi084x4

sevi084x4 Rockstar 100 Posts

Thanks Erica!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.